Rooty Hill Anglicare Retirement Village Chaplain
Location: Minchinbury & Rooty Hill
Date advertised: 6th May 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 25th May 2019
The Vision & Mission
Minchinbury Anglican Church is a growing multicultural church in Sydney’s western suburbs. Our vision is to see all people in multicultural western Sydney renewed through the love of Jesus Christ. Our mission, in line with this vision, and as outlined in the New Testament, is to make disciples and multiply communities who love Jesus and show Jesus’ love.
In partnership with Anglicare Minchinbury Anglican Church is seeking to employ a part time chaplain (2 days per week), to work alongside our existing ministry team in seeing members of the Rooty Hill Retirement Village pastorally engaged, nurtured and equipped for ministry and mission.
This position is open to men or women who are an ordained Anglican minister (preferred) or lay minister who is eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney as an Anglicare Chaplain.
- Respond to requests from Village residents and staff for pastoral care and support.
- Be available to facilitate chapel services within the village and occasional services (within or outside the village) as required.
- Provide a weekly Discipleship Group(s) at the Village.
- Work collaboratively with Residential Age Care chaplain, Pastoral Carer and Village Manager.
- From time to time organise evangelistic programs (such as Christianity Explored) and develop/deliver occasional courses/seminars to deal with key issues and special needs (e.g. bereavement, ageing).
- Develop strong relationships with local churches in the area
- Develop the ministry partnership between the parish of Minchinbury, the Village, and Anglicare, by participating in parish and Anglicare staff meetings.
- A loyal, humble, teachable, generous, and servant hearted leader.
- Someone with good listening skills, a pastoral heart and an ability to teach the Scriptures clearly
- You must currently hold or willing to obtain a Working with Children Check clearance and Police Check to be considered for the position.
- Have theological convictions that are reformed and evangelical.
- Have a philosophy of ministry that is gospel centred, bible based, and relationally focused.
- Has a heart for all age, multicultural ministry and mission.
- Theological education to at least a diploma level.
- Ordained Anglican minister (or candidate for ordained Anglican ministry), currently licensed (or eligible to be licensed) by the Archbishop of Sydney or a layperson with appropriate tertiary qualifications eligible to be authorised by the Archbishop of Sydney.
- Demonstrated competency and experience in pastoral ministry with a range of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team context and inspire and motivate volunteers for ministry.
- Excellent leadership, communication, relational, and administrative skills.
For more information about the position or the church, please don’t hesitate to contact our Senior Minister, Mike Smith, on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply, please email a letter outlining how you would approach this ministry, a CV outlining your ministry experience, 2 references (including the minister of your current church), and a link (or file) of a recent sermon or talk you have given.