Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 7th May 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
To provide administrative support to the Rector in all aspects of parish administration.
Strategies: (including but not limited to -)
- To make final preparation of weekly service sheets, Keynotes, rosters, communication with members and staff, ordering supplies, arranging and controlling school scripture resources and bible study resources, distribution of meeting agenda, minutes, arranging meetings.
- Coordinate one-off projects
- Manage Elvanto, the church database
- Develop electronic filing, maintain paper filing
- Prepare occasional wedding and funeral services
- Arrange hall bookings
- Set up Risk Management processes
- Seek grant funding opportunities
- Arrange small maintenance jobs
- Digital & Audio Video
- Update website (Squarespace) and Facebook with new articles
- Monitor performance of both web page and FaceBook
Desired spiritual gifts: Organisation.
Skills and interests:
- Prayerful & Biblically formed life, with an active faith in Jesus Christ.
- Desire to help with many aspects of Parish Administration, by using skills of organisation, administration, computer literacy, planning and follow through to completion of assigned tasks.
- Accuracy in work presentation essential.
- General Bible knowledge.
- Experience at high organisational level in either secular or church environment.
- Computer competence
- Good level of experience & competence with Apple computers and software (Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Mail, Safari)
- Ability to use or learn Elvanto and Squarespace.
- Ability to use initiative, work alone, conclude assignments, and work with the Rector.
- Current Working with Children Check.
The Rector, Rev. Craig Segaert
Works closely with:
Other volunteers, staff and ministry leaders as necessary.
8 hours per week, split over two days, possibly Monday and certainly Thursday.
Length of assignment:
Till end 2019 with the option to extend.
Commencement as soon as possible.
Training and development:
Training in Elvanto and Squarespace.
Clerks Private Sector Award MA000002, Level depending on experience.
To be mutually agreed, 8 hours per week. Over two days.
Email application with CV to Rev. Craig Segaert via email@example.com