Location: Randwick, NSW
Date advertised: 12th May 2023
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 9th June 2023
St Jude’s Anglican Church, Randwick is seeking a well organised, friendly Christian person as our new office administrator. Because of our prominent location, large grounds with cemetery, and our Early Learning centre, St Jude’s is a busy place on weekdays as well as on Sundays. Reporting to the rector (senior minister), you will be working alongside our ministry staff team as well as the church wardens and other keen congregation members, as we seek to reach our community with the love of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- First point of contact for inquiries that come to the church in person, by phone or email
- Preparing bulletins, orders of service, newsletters, meeting agendas and minutes, etc.
- General administrative assistance to the rector
- Ensuring that the physical space of the office is a welcoming and tidy environment
- Management of tradespeople, funeral providers, caterers and other service providers
- All church administration tasks such as maintaining the database, parish registers, keeping records for CCLI and Safe Ministry, and administering our relationship with the Diocese of Sydney
- Creating posters and flyers to advertise church events
Skills and attributes
- Friendly and courteous manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including word processing, file management, church database and website
- Ability to establish and maintain new systems (e.g. for record keeping as cemetery operator)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Design skills are desirable
- Experience in a church office environment is desirable
Hours: As a guide, 9 am to 5 pm three days per week, but with some flexibility to negotiate.
Salary: Negotiable based on your skills and experience
Job type: This is a permanent part-time role with a probation period of 3 months.
Location: 106 Avoca St, Randwick NSW 2031
Please submit your application to:
Rev. Andrew Schmidt
St Jude’s Anglican Church Randwick
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.