Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 14th May 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 15 June 2019
- Newly created opportunity
- Full time opportunity with flexibility
- Use your skills to advance the kingdom
The Anglican Church Growth Corporation (ACGC) was established by the Standing Committee of the Sydney Anglican Diocese in September 2018.
The ACGC’s purpose is to further the work of the Diocese by facilitating and helping to achieve the effective use of property and other resources for promoting and proclaiming the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
About the role:
- This is a new role and you will have key responsibility in supporting the Board to establish the direction and strategy of the ACGC and to create and establish your own team.
- The role is full time, however for the right candidate flexible or part time arrangements will be considered.
You will be responsible for:
- The implementation of strategies, policies and decisions, developed by and with the ACGC Board to achieve property initiatives.
- Ensuring appropriate support for the Mission Property Committee (MPC).
- Co-ordinating activity with the Executive Directors of New Churches for New Communities (NCNC), ENC and the Chairman of MPC.
- Developing working relationships with Regional Bishops, Parishes and Diocesan organisations to further property initiatives and envision ministry growth opportunities.
- Developing a model of support for Parish property development.
- Connecting with key parishes with excess property requirements in order to promote discussion on best use for wider ministry opportunities.
- Connecting with strategic parishes to discuss church growth options.
- Identifying financial resources required to implement strategic ministry growth goals.
- Identifying partner organisations that may assist in achieving strategic goals,
- Promoting the concept of Diocesan wide support for church growth, both greenfields and brownfields.
- Developing a support office to enable strategic initiatives to be achieved.
You will have:
- Experience in a leadership role, both growing and managing teams in developing organisations
- Demonstrated experience in being innovative and entrepreneurial
- Effective communication skills, be a collaborator and influencer with an ability to develop and maintain relationships across the Diocese at all levels
- Broad understanding of Anglican Diocese of Sydney structure, particularly parishes
- Experience in implementing strategic initiatives where there are competing values of stability and growth,
- Ability to contribute to the development of Diocesan structures
- A committed desire to further the gospel and a vision for how property initiatives may contribute to this.
- Excellent problem solving ability with a self-driven and proactive approach
- Experience delivering large property projects and project management experience
- Experience in program management or project planning , project report writing, assessing, scoping and managing risks.
You may have previously worked in a large property development organisation or consultancy where you have had oversight for developing property, infrastructure and managing client relationships and expectations.
Qualifications in either Engineering, Construction, Project Management, Business or Town Planning may be advantageous.
Your application should include a covering letter, addressing the above criteria; a résumé with at least three references, including one from your church minister.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information call Philip Bell, Chair of the ACGC on 0407 008 351.
Applications will close 15 June 2019.