Location: Kirribilli, Neutral Bay and Macquarie Park, NSW
Date advertised: 15th May 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
The Bridge Church is seeking an experienced pastor to lead or assist in one or more congregations, to teach, equip & pastor God’s people with purpose, love and humility, to see people living for Jesus and loving like Jesus.
The Bridge Church is a vibrant and growing Sydney evangelical Anglican church, with ten congregations meeting in three locations across Neutral Bay, Kirribilli and Macquarie Park.
Our mission is to make mature disciples of Christ who will innovatively take the Gospel to our neighbourhood, our networks and the nations. Our vision is to aspire to be a network of diverse communities of disciples living for Jesus and loving like Jesus.
We are looking for a theologically trained, suitably qualified Pastor to join our ministry team here at The Bridge Church in the lower North Shore of Sydney.
We would welcome applicants with a broad experience base for this exciting role. You may be seeking an opportunity to grow into a senior role by being part of a larger church team, or looking to step into a position where you can lead congregations, and grow existing or develop new ministry opportunities.
As a relationally rich church, your heart will be pastoral, with a desire to teach and disciple within several congregations in our church. Leading as a Congregational Pastor, or working alongside them in a Congregational Team, you will be motivated to see the five distinctives of our church actively at work. These distinctives are joyful gatherings, deliberate discipleship & training, real relationships, engaging evangelism and radical God-centred generosity.
In addition to the Congregational Team role, there will be opportunities to work in church ministry areas such as discipleship, evangelism, community outreach, or leadership development programs.
A stipend will be in accordance with the diocesan remuneration guidelines, including housing and other allowances, based on experience and qualifications. This role will report to the Senior Pastor.
As a leader or member of a congregational team;
- Regular preaching and leading of Sunday services
- Providing pastoral care, discipleship and leadership to congregational team leaders, interns, and student ministers
- Establishing congregational culture, shaped by and aligned to our five distinctives
- Enthusiastically building the community life of congregations
- Identifying and discipling new leaders and lay ministers
As a member of the pastoral team;
- Helping to plan and lead the wider ministries of our church
- Leading or being involved in a whole of church directorship across one of our distinctive areas
- Coaching, mentoring and discipling of pastors, student ministers, and interns
Conviction, Qualifications and Experience
- A person of Christian Character with demonstrated commitment to Reformed Evangelical Christian values.
- A life that demonstrates prayerfulness, grace and the transforming sanctifying work of God
- A passionate love for both Christ and his church, and a desire to see lives transformed by the gospel
- A servant heart that is willing to commit to the mission and direction of The Bridge Church
- Teachable and willing to learn, displaying an ability to work both with and under authority, in the context of our ministry team and under the leadership of the Senior Pastor
- A theological degree (Bachelors or Masters)
- Ideally at least 5 years pastoral experience
Skills and Capabilities
- Proven ability to teach the Bible faithfully, clearly, and practically
- Proven ability in pastoral care amongst congregations and community
- Proven ability to lead and train groups and ministry teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A willingness to learn, grow, and adjust as the job may require
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with volunteers and help them succeed
- Competency with basic computer software
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to our Senior Pastor Paul Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.