Location: Baulkham Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 16th May 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 16 June 2023
- Are you an engaging leader passionate to empower Aboriginal communities?
- Key leadership role to support recruitment and engagement of staff.
- Flexible work including visiting sites and work from home opportunities.
Anglicare has an exciting opportunity for an Indigenous Liaison Manager, someone who is proud of their culture and would passionately support and advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within our organisation and in alignment with Anglicare’s Christian values.
This opportunity is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Building effective, collaborative relationships between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through community engagement
- Key role in contributing to and implementing Anglicare’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) through regular communication to the organisation regarding the RAP and its achievements.
- Key contributor to strategy development aimed at ensuring the relevance, accessibility, and responsiveness to Aboriginal communities.
- Ensuring Aboriginal Cultural Awareness is developed, training facilitated, and consultation undertaken with appropriate stakeholders.
- Leading staff engagement and developing a network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff to ensure a positive employee experience.
- Supporting the recruitment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by being an internal contact for applicants
- Ensures regular Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Group meetings are conducted.
To be successful:
- Have demonstrated leadership skills with a passion for people and community engagement.
- Previous experience in developing strategies relevant to Anglicare’s services and staff.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively, in both written and oral communication.
- Relevant qualification in community services or related field is an advantage.
- Previous experience in a role consulting, supporting, and advocating for Aboriginal communities.
- Experience facilitating groups including consultation and training.
- Experience promoting and encouraging access to mainstream services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Able to travel within Sydney Greater Metro and South areas.
Benefits of working with Anglicare:
- Excellent salary on offer with Not-For-Profit Salary packaging benefits with up to $15,900 of your salary tax free
- Flexible hybrid work and an opportunity to build a career within a Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting communities.
- Join an inclusive culture supported with learning and development opportunities.
If you are passionate about working with a committed team, all within a Christian environment, we would love to hear from you.
Who we are:
As a Christian organisation, Anglicare exists to serve people in need in our community. We provide a range of services that promote wellbeing for people through Residential Care, Retirement Living and Community Services. We aim to be known for our care, compassion and excellence, recognised as a leading provider of services.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.