Diocesan Business Manager
Location: Darwin, NT
Date advertised: 22nd May 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
This is a full-time role, located in Darwin CBD, commencing August, 2020.
Salary Range: $110-$130K, plus 13% superannuation. Salary to be negotiated depending on applicant’s skills and experience. Relocation expenses available.
The Synod of the Diocese of the Northern Territory is one of 23 Dioceses that constitute the Anglican Church in Australia. It encompasses the whole of the Northern Territory and comprises church communities with significant language and cultural diversities. In addition to parishes in the main population centres and towns, there are a number of church communities in the remote Aboriginal Lands.
We are currently searching for a Diocesan Business Manager. This role would suit a self-driven individual who thrives on being an adaptable, hands on operational manager. We are looking for someone with high level business acumen, initiative, drive, collegiate working style and who enjoys leading a small office team.
Reporting to the Chair of the Diocesan Council, (currently the Diocesan Bishop), this executive leadership role is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of the Diocese. This includes: serving as the public officer of the organisation; advising the Diocese on secular legislative requirements; overseeing the management of financial systems and properties; developing systems for high level record keeping; building and strengthening the complex network of relationships within and external to the Diocese; supervision of the office team, including overseeing appointment, management and development processes for staff; and, membership of various boards connected to the mission and ministry of the Diocese.
- Management of all business operations and matters, including financial systems and practices, ongoing property management, organisation of Synod meetings and implementation of Synod decisions (in conjunction with the Bishop and Diocesan Council), and coordination of Diocesan committees, meetings and Diocesan events.
- Oversee, direct and mentor staff in the Diocesan Business Team, including appointment, management and review processes for staff.
- Work closely with the Bishop, Diocesan Council, Diocesan Treasurer, Chancellor and other staff to develop and maintain appropriate systems and business practices for meeting and responding to operational needs and legislative obligations of the Diocese
- Maintain effective relationships, with parish leaders, contractors, mission partners and other persons and entities essential to the spiritual and operational and business objectives of the Diocese.
- Develop and recommend the required operational policies, practices and protocols as well as establishing key performance indicators where useful.
- Represent the Diocese as required, e.g. on boards, in the media or elsewhere as relevant
- Develop reports and other documents as required internally for the Diocese or by external parties and partners.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Sound interpersonal skills and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Proven experience as a Business Manager or similar role
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Capacity to lead a small team in a complex environment
- Strong organisation skills including the ability to prioritise work schedules and manage competing demands
- Initiative, flexibility, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite Applications and various record keeping and database applications.
- Appreciation of, or willingness to understand the Anglican Church of Australia
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience working with Aboriginal people and/or those for whom English is not their first language
- Must be an active member of the Anglican Church or another Christian denomination
- Commitment to adhere to Diocesan legislation, policies and protocols
- Satisfactory completion of Diocesan Safe Ministry clearance including;
- Valid Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- National Police Check (less than 3 months old) with acceptable outcome
- Commitment to adhere to the Diocesan Code of Conduct: Faithfulness in Service, which is available at [url=http://www.ntanglican.org.au/safe]http://www.ntanglican.org.au/safe[/url] ministry
- Flexibility will be required from time to time, by negotiation, for work required to be done outside business hours. (Although most work will be able to be completed in flexible business hours).
Applications are to include a CV and a covering letter of no more than three pages. The covering letter is to address the Key Selection Criteria, above. It should also include the name and contact details of three referees, one of whom should be your Church Minister.
Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com, addressed to:
Ms Jenny Madden
Anglican Diocese of the Northern Territory GPO Box 2950
Darwin NT 0801
Applications close: COB 12th June, 2020.