Location: Melbourne, Vic
Date advertised: 24th May 2018
Job Type: Full time, Part time
Closing Date: 30 June 2018
THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began in Melbourne with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in October 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men, women and children around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'.
In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. Today, City on a Hill meets across five locations in three cities with our most recent plant being in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
While our story is characterised by change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Christ and His call on our lives in this generation. We are committed to raising up gospel hearted leaders, to build healthy churches, which will reach and serve cities with the gospel of Jesus.
At City on a Hill Melbourne East we are thankful to God for ongoing growth and are excited to now be in a position to further build our team with the appointment of an Executive Pastor.
City on a Hill desires to be one family made up of many communities of life, love and mission.
We envisage a community where the fruit of gospel transformation overflows in the lives of our people, where all people of any background are welcomed to partake of the blessing of covenant community, and where the lost and broken in our world are actively engaged with the good news of Jesus and compelled to trust Him.
The Executive Pastor will be someone of exceptional character and vision – an all-rounder capable of crafting bold, imaginative and practical strategies to further God’s kingdom.
This is a significant appointment in providing strategic support to the City on a Hill Melbourne East Lead Pastor.
The Executive Pastor will be engaged 4 days per week, with active and visible participation in our Sunday morning services, and throughout the week in the ministry life of City on a Hill in Melbourne’s east.
- Supporting the Lead Pastor in executing the mission of knowing Jesus and making Jesus known.
- Providing leadership, training, discipleship and pastoral care to the members of City on a Hill Melbourne East
- Overseeing various ministry areas as need and opportunity dictate
- Identifying, recruiting, training and supporting our Sunday Service Ministry Team Leaders and team members.
- Management of various special projects in partnership with the Lead Pastor.
- Ongoing ministry evaluation and assessment of ministry health.
- Functioning as one of the City on a Hill: Melbourne East pastors helping to provide leadership, shepherding, care, teaching, and wisdom.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- Fulfil the qualifications of an elder as laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- A robust understanding of the Scriptures and the centrality of the risen Christ.
- A life that exemplifies a desire to know Jesus, shown through a growing relationship with Christ in prayer, devotion to the word, worship and discipleship.
- A heart to make Jesus known, shown through a deep love for the lost and a bold witness to share the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection to a perishing world.
- Ability to preach, teach and train in both gathered and one-to-one settings.
- Experience in leading leaders and a demonstrated ability to cast vision, recruit, assess and deploy leaders and ‘equip the saints for the work of ministry’.
- Excellence in professional skills such as time-management, efficiency, work- capacity, written and verbal communication, organisation, and meeting engagement.
The following skills and experience are desirable for the fulfilment of this role:
- Completed theological degree from an evangelical bible college
- Prior work experience on a church staff team
To apply for the role please send your current Resume along with an Application Letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.