Location: Neutral Bay, Kirribilli and Macquarie Park, NSW
Date advertised: 24th May 2023
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
The Bridge Church is seeking a Children’s Ministry Assistant to provide administrative support and support in the creation and distribution of resources for our Children’s Ministry programs across our sites. This role is key for the growth and smooth operation of all our ministries to Children and their Families at the Bridge Church.
The Bridge Church is a vibrant and growing Sydney evangelical Anglican church, with ten congregations meeting in three locations across Neutral Bay, Kirribilli and Macquarie Park.
Our mission is to make mature disciples of Christ who will innovatively take the Gospel to our neighbourhood, our networks and the nations.
Our vision is to aspire to be a network of diverse communities of disciples living for Jesus and loving like Jesus.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and creative team member to join us at The Bridge Church in the lower North Shore of Sydney.
The Children’s Ministry Assistant role is part time (8 hours per week), with those hours being worked on days determined in discussion with the Children’s & Families Pastor, but preferably Thursday or Friday. There is flexibility in this role, with some responsibilities able to be completed working from home.
We would welcome applicants who are keen to support our Children’s ministries both administratively and creatively. Key skills and abilities for this role are
- High Interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- The ability to work a schedule that fulfils tasks in a timely manner
- A passion and enthusiasm for children and families ministry
An hourly rate will be offered in accordance with the diocesan remuneration guidelines.
This role will report to the Children’s & Families Pastor.
- Onboarding of all new Children’s and Youth ministry leaders, ensuring all new leaders have completed all their training and checks and this is documented in our Church Management System
- Communication with leaders and management of Safe Ministry compliance for all current Children and Youth Ministry Leaders.
- Record keeping for Safe Ministry Compliance
- Children’s Ministry Administration Support
- Working with Children’s Ministry Pastoral team to purchase, create and supply craft and resources for each of our weekly Children’s Programs, including Kids Church and Playgroup
- Working with our Children’s Ministry Pastoral team to purchase, create and supply resources for our large Children’s ministry events.
Character & Convictions
- A person of Christian Character with demonstrated commitment to Reformed Evangelical Christian values.
- A life that demonstrates prayerfulness, grace and the transforming sanctifying work of God.
- A love for both Christ and his church, and a desire to see lives transformed by the gospel.
- A servant heart that is willing to commit to the mission and direction of The Bridge Church.
- Teachable and willing to learn, displaying an ability to work both with and under authority, in the context of our ministry team and under the leadership of the Children’s & Families Pastor
Send a covering letter and your CV to Children's Pastor Naomi de Vries at email@example.com
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.