Location: Balmain East, NSW
Date advertised: 1st June 2021
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 21st June 2021
St Mary’s Balmain is a vibrant church in Balmain East. We meet to worship on Sundays at 9:30 and our active group of parishioners are involved in small groups, prayer groups, mission support groups and volunteering.
About the Role
St Mary’s Balmain was recently made a provisional parish and, as a result, needs to establish a range of its own administrative processes. The Administrator will support this and the ongoing work of the church.
The Administrator will report to the Rector and the Wardens and will also work in collaboration with other members of the ministry team.
The goal of the role is to actively support the mission and vision of St Mary’s Balmain by providing effective administration and support to staff and ministry activities.
- Manage Sunday service volunteer rosters
- Liaise with the Rector, service leader and music director to coordinate Orders of Service and prepare PowerPoint slides
- Assist the Rector with administrative tasks including organising Agenda for Parish Council Meetings
- Oversee the management of the Parish Google drive, including archiving
- Ensure sufficient supplies of communion bread and wine and tea and coffee for morning tea
- Assist Parish Council with diocese administrative requirements
- Manage incoming mail and email
Buildings and Property
- In consultation with the Wardens and Rector, assist in the management of the church buildings and property
- Obtain quotes and make recommendations for repair works to the church (if/as directed).
- Oversee regular service providers (e.g. cleaners, gardeners) who carry out works on the church site.
- Receive, negotiate and process requests for use and hire of the church
- Follow up WHS issues
- Input bills to be paid into Xero and for Approval in bank accounts
- Deposit cash offerings into bank
- Manage the church congregational management database, Facebook and website
- Work with Rector on distribution of regular congregational communication
- Work with Rector and Parish Council to develop and produce marketing material
- Assist the Rector and Parish Council in the planning and execution of special events
Other Duties as directed
Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- effective management of time and resources to meet desired outcomes in a professional manner
- ability to work within a team
- strong written communication skills
- experience with databases
- intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills. In particular, an ability to use all features of MS PowerPoint
- experience with accounting software, preferred
Please send your current CV (including your contact details) and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org