Location: Kirribilli and Neutral Bay
Date advertised: 1st June 2021
Job Type: Full time, Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 25 June 2021
Main Purpose of Position
The Business Manager is to lead the operational and administrative functions of the church so that the pastoral ministry is well-resourced and organised.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Oversight and management of all the administration of the church. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ministry Support Team
- General Office Administration
1. Ministry Support Team
Oversight and pastoral care of ministry support team, including:
- Office Administrator
- Marketing & Communication Co-ordinators
- Work with the Property Warden to oversee the upkeep of all church property and help implement a 5 year plan
- Oversight of property matters relating to all cleaning, maintenance and repairs of Church property (e.g. pest control, air conditioning etc.), including negotiating with contractors and overseeing works performed
- Responsible for all hall and room hire including marketing, bookings, scheduling, licence agreements, access as well as invoicing and collection of fees.
- Management of key register for church
- Liaise with Office Administrator to ensure all sites are prepared for Sunday services and other events
3. Governance & Risk
- Work with the Governance Warden to oversee risk and ensure compliance in all areas of church, including WH&S
- Assisting in the development, communication and implementation of all policies
- HR: Oversight of contracts, position descriptions, entry & exit interviews, annual leave requests
- Working with the Safe Ministry Rep to ensure compliance
- Responsible for all Parish Council and Wardens communication – agendas, minutes, AGM
Works with the Finance Warden, Church Treasurer and Bookkeeper in the following ways:
- Assist in the provision of financial and accounting services for the church
- Assist in the Annual Audits of the church finances as required
- Administration of the church’s banking systems.
- Financial reporting for external bodies such as ACNC, Insurance and the Sydney Anglican Diocese
- Negotiating leases both as lessee and lessor
- Be the key liaison person between the church and the Diocese on Administrative matters including licencing of ministers, annual reporting, HR, insurance and risk management issues
- To keep up to date with the SDS website, diocesan ordinances, compliance requirements and all diocesan resources for our parish
Oversees management and operation of all technology platforms including telephones, computing, file servers, printing and internet.
- Key liaison person between church and external community organizations (e.g. North Sydney Council)
- Oversight of marketing & communications team
8. General Office Administration:
- Oversee the weekly running of the church office with all of its administrative functions including oversight of all office staff.
- Ensure operational readiness of special events that occur occasionally in life of the church, including Christmas and Easter
- Oversee projects required to keep the church admin running efficiently.
- Works with the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastors to provide strategic planning and systems management to support pastoral ministry areas.
1. A mature Christian with a commitment to the church’s vision, mission and values.
2. Spiritual and relational maturity.
3. Leadership and Administrative gifts.
4. Strong communication ability.
5. Ability to develop and supervise staff and volunteers.
6. Financial accounting and business systems knowledge.
7. Technology and IT abilities.
8. Demonstrated organisational ability to establish and maintain organisational systems that assist the ministry.
1. Regular member of our church or like minded church
2. Attendance at Staff meetings and staff days as required, as well as other general activities organised to facilitate teamwork.
3. Participation in annual church activities. The level of involvement and responsibility apart from positional support to be determined in consultation with the Senior Pastor
4. Work according to agreed goals worked out in conjunction with the Senior Pastor. Qualitative and quantitative performance reviews will be conducted annually as part of this process.
5. Work cooperatively with ministries and staff members who overlap with your areas of ministry.
6. Actively build up and manage the volunteer team involved in administration roles within the church.
7. Other occasional duties as required by the Senior Pastor
1. The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor
2. Works with the Senior Pastor in overseeing the administration and support of the pastoral ministry.
3. Oversees the Ministry Support Team
4. Works with the Wardens and Treasurer as required.
This position will remunerate the position according to the experience of candidate.
Applications close 25 June 2021.
Please send your application, CV and the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Rev. Paul Dale, PO BOX 131, Milsons Point NSW 1565.
Visit http://www.cbtb.org.au for further information on the church.