Administrator - Ministry Support
Location: Parramatta, NSW
Date advertised: 4th June 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
St John’s Anglican Cathedral Parramatta is one of the larger and more diverse Anglican churches in the diocese of Sydney. We have three language groups meeting as nine congregations on a Sunday alone.
As with any large organisation, management of our core ministry operations and communication between church members, and between members and staff is very important in building our community.
We currently have an exciting full-time position whose primary responsibilities are a) ensuring that the weekly services for the English-language congregations run smoothly from an administrative perspective, b) facilitating communication to and between the congregations using a purpose-specific database program.
The position, which reports to the Senior Associate Minister, will require you to exercise independent judgement and problem solving to complete your tasks.
Apart from a demonstrable commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, applicants must have:
- A high level of competency with MS packages of Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher
- High-level skills in planning and time management
- Basic level of knowledge about CMS’s
- Demonstrated ability to learn new digital mediums, and familiarity with internet based programs such as Google calendar
- Ability to work both independently and effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrable flexibility, creativity, and ability to relate well to others
- Experience or demonstrated aptitude for training others in the use of data management programs
Ideally, they should also have experience in:
- Event management, particularly in a volunteer environment
- Working in Not-for-Profit and /or church environments
- The use of Elvanto or similar church management system
- Graphic design
The ability to communicate in Mandarin as a second language would be favourably considered.
To provide timely support to ministry staff, you will need to be on-site Monday-Thursday mornings as well as most Sunday mornings. The remaining hours of work will be more flexible but negotiated to fit in with the church’s and your personal needs.
Above award salary and industry standard conditions apply.
Contact Maryanne Golding, phone: 9891 0714 (Maryanne.firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information including a full position description.