Location: Frenchs Forest
Date advertised: 7th June 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 1 July 2018
Bush, sand, surf & the city
Young families are flocking to the Forest area. Frenchs Forest is located on the Northern Beaches, 30 minutes to the CBD, surrounded by national parks.
Around us we have new roads, increased public transport, plans for hundreds of new homes and the brand new Northern Beaches Hospital just up the road, will open later this year. All that means lots more people, especially families and young adults to minister to over the coming years.
Under God, our church is already growing rapidly. We currently have more than 170 adults and 70 kids, and we have just established our mission goal to double in size over the next five years. And then double again.
We’re a 5M’s church with four lay members leading Magnification, Mission, Membership and Maturity. We’re committed to our vision to grow disciples of Christ. To do this, we need more help.
A growing church needs a growing ministry team. We are in great need of someone to help with:
- congregational leadership of Sunday Night Church
- regular preaching
- involvement in SRE
- ministry to and oversight of our Young Adults
- developing strategies to engage the local community
- growing the parish
At the moment we’ve a fulltime minister (Dave Lanham), and a fulltime assistant minister (Andrew Daniels) who’s focussed on kids.
You’ll find we’re a very welcoming church – our members will embrace you and support you. We will take a keen interest in growing you, and you’ll be given great scope to develop as a minister. Our offer to you will include a budget for your professional and spiritual development, and you will receive regular coaching.
This is what you look like
OK the obvious stuff first. You will:
- have theological qualifications
- be passionate for Christ and growing God’s kingdom
- be able to teach God’s word well, be strong relationally and have a heart to serve
- be able to take the initiative and to lead others
The less obvious stuff – because we want you to be effective in your ministry and to produce fruit here, you will:
- be able to observe, understand and relate to the culture of the Forest area
- think strategically, and be in the habit of planning, organising, assessing and measuring your ministry
- be hungry to learn from the best teams who are growing churches across Australia
- be strong, disciplined, and dedicated to personal prayer and Bible reading
- be planning to spend a few years in the role
To apply or get more information, please contact:
Dave Lanham at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0414 996 128.
Applications close:1 July 2018
Commencement date: September 2018 (though earlier if possible)
Frenchs Forest Anglican Church is committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Checks program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply.