Location: Minchinbury, NSW
Date advertised: 7th June 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 29th June 2018
The Vision & Mission
Minchinbury Anglican Church is a growing multicultural church in Sydney’s western suburbs. Our vision is to see all people in multicultural western Sydney renewed through the love of Jesus Christ. Our mission, in line with this vision, and as outlined in the New Testament, is to make disciples and multiply communities who love Jesus and show Jesus’ love.
We are seeking to employ a full time associate minister, to work alongside our existing ministry team in seeing our church members nurtured and equipped for the work of ministry and mission. Remuneration will be in line with the Sydney Anglican Diocese guidelines.
Each of our full-time ministers have a Community focus as well as a Strategic (RENEW) focus. Specifically we are looking for someone to:
- Assist the Senior Minister in Preaching and Leadership across all communities.
- Oversee our Sunday Night Church and Youth/Young Adults communities.
- Oversee the Nurture (Maturity) and Equip (Ministry) focus areas of our RENEW pathway (although depending on gifting this is negotiable).
- A loyal, humble, teachable, generous, and servant hearted leader.
- Someone who is creative, innovative, and able to implement ideas.
- Have theological convictions that are reformed and evangelical.
- Have a philosophy of ministry that is gospel centred, bible based, and relationally focused.
- Familiar with a purpose driven church model.
- Has a heart for multicultural ministry and mission.
- Theological education to at least a bachelor level.
- Ordained Anglican minister (or candidate for ordained Anglican ministry).
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team context and inspire and motivate volunteers for ministry.
- Excellent leadership, communication, relational, and administrative skills.
For more information about the position or the church, please don’t hesitate to contact our Senior Minister, Mike Smith, on email@example.com.
Students finishing Moore College who are also candidates for Anglican ordination in Sydney are welcome to apply.
If you would like to apply, please email a letter outlining how you would approach this ministry, a CV outlining your ministry experience, 2 references (including the minister of your current church), and a link (or file) of a recent sermon you have preached.
Applications close Friday 29th June.