Location: Strathfield, NSW
Date advertised: 13th June 2018
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: COB 29 June 2018
Meriden is seeking a Safety Officer to help in ensuring that the School's premises and activities are safe for students, staff and visitors.
The position is permanent and full-time, commencing as soon as possible.
The role involves, but is not limited to:
- Undertaking annual workplace inspections
- Organising safety training for staff
- Liaising with the Heads of School, Dean of Staff, Director of Property and School Nurse about safety matters
- Organising and chairing the termly Working Party meetings
- Managing and utilising the WHS section of CompliSpace.
Please go to www.meriden.nsw.edu.au/about-us/career-opportunities/safety-officer-1 for a copy of the Role Description.
The successful applicant will need to display:
- Support of the Christian ethos of Meriden as an Independent Anglican School
- Medium to high level computer skills to manage the IT systems related to compliance records and systems
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Sound judgement and good discernment
- Effective teamwork skills
- Loyalty to the School.
Previous experience working in a safety or compliance role in the education sector is highly desirable.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to The Principal, Dr Julie Greenhalgh, and include:
- details of qualifications and experience
- details of a current NSW Working With Children Check (WWCC) number
- contact details
- names and contact details of three referees, including the minister/pastor of your local church.
Applications close: COB Friday 29 June 2018
Note: Child Protection legislation applies to all applicants and a current Working with Children clearance number is essential. Only Australian citizens, permanent Australian Residents and those holding a valid Australian Work Visa are eligible for employment.