Director of Putonghua (Mandarin) Ministry
Location: Hong Kong
Date advertised: 15th June 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 20 July 2020
St Andrew’s is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, located in the heart of Kowloon in the Anglican Province of Hong Kong. It has four English-speaking services and one Putonghua speaking service.
We are seeking a Director of Putonghua Ministry who will have oversight over our vibrant ministry to Putonghua speakers. This position is reportable to the Vicar of St Andrew’s.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role.
Essential requirements include:
- Excellence in expository preaching, teaching and leadership.
- High level of biblical and theological skills.
- High competence in recruiting, training and mobilizing leaders and volunteers.
- High competence in organizational, communication, and management skills, with the ability to work independently.
- The ability to think strategically and implement programs.
- Formal theological training at a minimum of BTh level.
- Fluency in Putonghua and English is essential, and fluency in Cantonese is preferred.
- Anglican ordination is preferred but not essential.
Applications are invited for this position, accompanied by a CV and personal statement by 20th of July 2020. Please apply through the St Andrew’s website, www.standrews.org.hk/employment If you would like further details or a church profile, please contact Karin Tong (email@example.com).