Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 16th June 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 4th July 2022
The Office Manager will use their administrative and personal skills, in a full-time role, to ensure the smooth running of St Andrew’s Cathedral office, in support of the Cathedral’s mission and ministries.
St Andrew’s Cathedral is a strategic centre of gospel ministry to the people of the City of Sydney. It’s the central church of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and the chapel of St Andrew’s Cathedral School. Public Christian church services are conducted on Sundays, most other days of the week, and on state occasions.
The Office Manager is a member of the Cathedral Administration team and reports to the Administrator as team leader, and ultimately to the Dean, Sandy Grant.
The Office Manager must display mature Christian faith and be a member in good standing of a local church.
- Coordinate with Ministry team to aid delivery of Cathedral Services, including rosters and booklets.
- Respond to general inquiries to the office via phone, email and in person (incl. weddings, funerals, and baptisms, as well as food for the homeless).
- Develop promotional materials and assist with Cathedral database, website.
- Manage booking of spaces for Cathedral ministries, St Andrew's Cathedral School, and external parties.
- Liaise with the Cathedral’s Caretaker for the successful delivery of events and services.
- Manage and direct volunteers, alongside other clerical and office administration.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Excited to contribute to a strategic ministry proclaiming Christ in the heart of an international city.
- Some years’ experience working in a busy office environment.
- Microsoft 365 skills essential; some experience with Elvanto. MailChimp and Squarespace an advantage.
- Strong communication skills, punctual and organised, with excellent attention to detail.
- Cheerful nature, displaying patience, gentleness, self-control.
A current Working with Children Check will be required prior to commencement.
A full job description can be obtained from our Administrator, Lisa Wilmshurst via firstname.lastname@example.org
To express interest, please reply by email with your CV, detailing relevant experience, with at least 2 referees, including a minister from your church to our Administrator.