Location: Manly Vale, NSW
Date advertised: 20th June 2022
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 25th July 2022
A wonderful opportunity has just opened at Christ Church Northern Beaches to join the staff team in the area of Children and Youth. We are seeking a Christian person to help run and train leaders to serve in our youth and children’s ministries.
We also hope to plant an evening service in 2022 and would value the input of the successful candidate as we go forward with this exciting venture. There is also the possibility of working in Balgowlah Boys for an extra 2 days during the week which is a paid position with the local Anchor SRE board.
The position involves:-
Leading and training our lay leaders to lead our kidschurch ministry on a Sunday morning which runs during our Sunday morning church.
To lead our youth group on a Friday afternoon and continue to develop our leaders.
- SRE – there will be opportunity to teach SRE in our 3 local schools and work with our lay team.
- Implement our holiday Kidsclub to outreach into our community.
- To meet weekly with the senior minister to plan, pray and to think strategically about future ministry directions.
- Preaching opportunities for those so gifted.
- A humble attitude to service and ministry generally following the teaching of Jesus (Mark 9:30-37)
- Some theological training at a diploma level either completed or ongoing.
- Ideally 2 years experience would be an advantage, though on the job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The following are an essential for any work with children and youth:-
- The Anglican Safe Ministry Course
- The Anglican Safe Ministry Check
- A Current WWCC
Referees that can be contacted for background information.
Pay and Conditions:-
In line with diocesan guidelines and housing is provided.
You would work two week days and all of Sunday.
Please send Resumes to Stuart Milne via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0405 592 002 for more information.