Director of Teaching & Learning
Location: Cordeaux Heights, NSW
Date advertised: 24th June 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 23 July 2020
Illawarra Christian School is a vibrant learning community where every student is cared for in a positive and dynamic environment. In partnership with parents, we equip our students to be inquiring and discerning life-long learners. The school is located six kilometres from the centre of Wollongong, and has a growing enrolment of more than 650 students from Prep to Year 12.
The Director of Teaching & Learning is a senior leadership role responsible for the development of programs and approaches to effectively deliver curriculum within a culture of continuous improvement. The Director of Teaching & Learning will foster a vibrant culture of teaching and learning within the school.
This is a permanent full-time position, commencing Term 1 2021, which will include a classroom teaching component (still to be confirmed). Committed Christians of reformed persuasion are invited to apply.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess extensive knowledge of NSW curriculum and pedagogical theories and practices
- Have high level interpersonal and communication skills with students, parents and staff
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational ability and initiative as well as the ability to supervise, motivate and mentor staff
- Demonstrate capacity as a senior team member to achieve strategic outcomes in the area of teaching and learning
- Demonstrate educational leadership in developing a culture of learning excellence
- Hold current teacher registration/accreditation with NESA and WWCC.
A full position description, including details on how to apply, is available online at Illawarra Christian School.
For more information
Contact: Melinda Vidler
P: 4239 5200