Location: Middleton Grange
Date advertised: 26th June 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 31 July 2020
Thomas Hassall Anglican College is seeking to employ a College Chaplain who is an outstanding and mature Christian leader with demonstrated capacity to operate in educational environments.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to maintaining the Christian values and promoting the Gospel of the Lord Jesus in the College and the wider community. Located with close access to the M5 and M7 the College is a vibrant Christian learning community with 1750 students from Pre-Kinder to Year 12 HSC.
The right candidate will work together with key leaders to improve the staff development of a biblical worldview across the curriculum; to provide Christian leadership to the College community in formal and informal settings; and to enhance programs that focus on the development of the whole child across the College.
The College Chaplain will be able to gather, inspire, and engage others to connect with Christian education and the gospel. The College Chaplain will be an active Christian who understands how to integrate faith and education in relevant and authentic ways within a P-12 and family context. The best candidate will work with the Christian Ministry Team, staff and students to oversee the improvement and innovation of the Christian Ministry Plan.
The College Chaplain will lead and supervise the Christian Ministry Team, including the Assistant Chaplains, the Coordinator of Christian Studies 7-12 and the Ministry Interns.
Key Selection Criteria - the successful applicant for the above position must be able to provide evidence to support the following criteria:
- Strong personal Christian faith and demonstrated Christian character and commitment.
- Ordination within the Anglican Church.
- Bible teaching experience with small and large groups and with an ability to clearly explain the Christian gospel and its impact in contemporary settings. Theological qualifications at least at degree level are essential. Teaching qualifications and Chaplaincy experience are desirable.
- Supportive of the Christian and Anglican ethos of Thomas Hassall Anglican College within the context of the vision, mission and values of the Anglican Schools Corporation.
- Demonstrate an ability to express your faith openly and provide pastoral care support to staff, students and families whilst remaining sensitive to the religious and cultural beliefs of others. Have a clear understanding of the issues affecting young people in contemporary Australia.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills, and excellent communication skills. A willingness to collaborate and work in team environments.
- Experience in leadership in church ministries and broader mission activities.
- Ability to partner and network with local churches in a progressive local Mission Area. Involvement in College co-curricular programs.
- Flexibility in working hours (some weekend, holiday and evening activities).
- The Chaplain will be an ordained Anglican Minister, holding theological qualifications at least at B.Th Degree level. Teaching qualifications and experience in Chaplaincy is desirable.
- The ‘Application for Employment – Teachers’ form and link to the relevant Working With Children Check can found under the “Employment” tab of our website, https://www.thac.nsw.edu.au/content/employment and must be completed to be considered for the position.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Completion of Employment Application form available on the College website
- This should include the names, addresses and phone numbers of three confidential referees. One of these must be from a Christian Minister.
- Resume outlining Christian ministry experience, leadership and other experience relevant to the position
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Written response addressing the Key Selection Criteria in a maximum of 2-3 pages
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 31 July 2020
Please forward your application marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to:
Mr Ross Whelan – Principal
Thomas Hassall Anglican College
PO Box 150 Hoxton Park NSW 2171