Director of Next Gen
Location: Waterloo, NSW
Date advertised: 30th June 2020
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 31st July 2020
Grace City is a growing church with an ever increasing number of young children being born to existing members or joining our church with their parents. The primary purpose of this role is to build a ministry that partners with parents to lead the next generation at Grace City to become radically committed disciples of Jesus.
The bulk of our children are currently babies to year 6, but we also have some early high schoolers as well (yrs 7-8). The successful applicant will need a passion for both spiritual and numerical growth and will desire not just to disciple Christian kids but to build a ministry that wins unchurched kids to Christ as well. Starting early 2021.
1. Cast vision, set direction and oversee all GC children and families programs
- Oversee our Sunday programs (currently 3, but we will need more in time) so that they disciple our young people in engaging and age appropriate ways
- Manage, train and equip the leaders of each program to love and disciple the kids under their care.
- Cast vision for, provide coaching in and help to develop a culture at Grace City where parents take an active role in discipling their kids (e.g. regular bible reading and prayer, ‘God conversations’, spiritual habits, modelling etc.).
- Explore and initiate strategic mission opportunities that help both parents and/or their kids to be active in sharing their faith and inviting their friends to church (e.g. Friday kids club, midweek play group, etc.)
- In time, explore mission opportunities in the local schools (e.g. Scripture assemblies, SRE etc.)
4. Other Responsibilities
- Maintain a culture of safe ministry
- Other duties as requested by the lead pastor
DIRECTOR LEVEL COMPETENCIES
- Leadership - Oversees a ministry area with the responsibility of leading coaches and leaders.
- Discipleship - Understands and applies systematic and biblical theology and teaches spiritual disciplines.
- Vision - Contextualizes church vision for ministry area.
- Strategy - Designs ministry strategy and implements in ministry context.
- Collaboration - Works through leaders.
- People Development - Creates a development pathway for ministry area.
- Ministry Specific - able to relate to kids of all ages, awareness of stages in child development. biblical understanding of the role of parents.
- A person of deep Christian character and a love for people
- A commitment to Reformed Evangelical theology
- Strong alignment with the vision, mission and values of Grace City Church
- Relevant degree/training preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in stakeholder management
This role would be remunerated according to the Grace City Church Remuneration Policy, which is roughly comparable to the remuneration guidelines of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 31 July 2020
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.