Location: Randwick, NSW
Date advertised: 19th January 2023
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: ASAP
East Sydney Community Christian Church (‘ESCCC’) is based in Randwick, and was formed in 1980 by a group of migrant university students.
We are an independent, non-denominational church with Reformed Evangelical convictions. Currently, we have around 130 active members across our English and Mandarin congregations.
- Providing pastoral care, chaplaincy and visitation services for older adults.
- Supporting the leaders of our various older adults community groups (bible studies) and participating in the life of those groups.
- Discipling older adults in the word of God to equip them for ministry at ESCCC.
- Occasional Sunday service preaching and teaching of the Bible.
- Board of Elders and ministry staff
- Older adults lay leadership
It is a condition of your employment that you are godly, able and competent (1 Timothy 3:2-7, Titus 1:7-9 & 1 Peter 5:1-5) to properly carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position on commencement and throughout your employment.
- Have ability to cast vision, lead, recruit, equip, disciple and grow leaders.
- Have a proven track record of pastoral ministry and oversight of significant ministries.
- Be a clear communicator with high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to relate well to others, being a compassionate and caring listener with proven people skills in the context of a ministry team.
- Be able to manage your time well to ensure all responsibilities are completed in the required time frames.
- Have completed relevant tertiary qualifications in theology, bible and mission.
- Actively support and promote the vision and values of ESCCC.
- Working with Children’s check (WWCC) clearance or willingness to obtain.
Please send your CV, with a covering letter addressing key criterias to the Pastor Search Committee at email@example.com
- An account of your Christian testimony
- A statement of your calling to ministry
- A curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the certificate from a recognized evangelical Bible or theological college.
- A copy of the transcript of subjects taken at the theological college.
- Contact details of three referees, at least two must be ministry related.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.