Chaplaincy Manager - Residential Aged Care
Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd July 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 3 August 2018
Vulnerable people often need spiritual support even in the most simple way.
Do you have a genuine heart for people & a yearning desire to share the love of Jesus?
Do you consider yourself a highly motivated Manager/Leader and an example of Christian living?
Based at Castle Hill, Anglicare is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for a full time Chaplaincy management position.
You will have purpose:
This key senior leadership role in the organisation is to provide leadership and pastoral oversight to residential aged care Chaplains and Pastoral Carers. To facilitate and manage the provision of quality evangelical chaplaincy services in accordance with Christian identity of Anglicare as expressed in the Vision, Mission and Values of Anglicare. To be an example of Christian living towards people, including employees, and providing incidental pastoral support to these where possible.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Lead, manage, recruit and support the team of Chaplains.
• Ensure that appropriately skilled volunteer Pastoral workers are recruited by providing guidance to the volunteering team, Chaplains and managers where required.
• Actively promote the mission of Anglicare in the Diocese of Sydney.
• Ensure that leadership, management, ministry oversight and coordination of staff are appointed as Residential Aged Care chaplains and pastoral carer workers within Residential Aged Care Centres.
• Ensure that support and pastoral care training is provided for Anglicare staff and volunteers associated with Residential Aged Care services.
• Ensure that through regular reporting that major staff and ministry concerns are conveyed to the General Manager Mission and Partnerships.
• Through collaboration, ensure that common organisational measures are developed to assess the output and effectiveness of chaplaincy and pastoral care.
• Ensure that the financial management and accountability of the relevant programs is maintained by using all available resources.
Education and Experience Required:
• Ordained or Lay minister of the Anglican Church of Australia, Diocese of Sydney.
• Holder of a licence or authority issued by the Archbishop and his Certificate of Appointment.
• Demonstrated experience in pastoral ministry (preferably Aged Care Chaplaincy).
• Proven record of experience in pastoral care in Chaplaincy and/or parish ministry.
• Proven record in financial and personnel management.
• Good communications skills (verbal and written).
• Ongoing membership and participation of a local Anglican congregation.
• Ongoing personal commitment to his/her spiritual growth in the Christian faith.
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements and looking for a fulfilling career opportunity where you can share the love of Jesus and make a genuine difference in the lives of the community we'd love to hear from you!
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
For more information contact the Recruitment Officer, Martine Morilly on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9421 5352.