Parish Office Administrator
Location: Bondi, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd July 2018
Job Type: Part time, Casual
Closing Date: 15th July 2018
The Anglican Parish of Bondi and Waverley is seeking an Office Administrator.
This position supports the work and ministry within the Parish by fulfilling various administrative duties, working under the supervision of and reporting to the Rector.
About the Parish
The Anglican Parish of Bondi and Waverley is a newly formed entity resulting from the amalgamation of the parish of Bondi with the parish of Waverley in January 2018. We have three physical sites wihtin the parish.
The staff team currently has three full time ministers and a number of casual and part time support workers and volunteers. Our Vision is "to see local gatherings full of people engaging with Jesus and being changed for good.”
We currently have three Sunday congregations and a number of preschool, kids, Youth and Adult ministry programmes during the week.
Primary responsibilities of Office Administrator:
* Office reception - receiving and distributing incoming visitors, mail, email and phone calls;
* Co-ordinating bookings of facilities for a variety of users across our three sites (Bondi Junction, Bondi and Bondi Beach). This includes:
- preparing licence & lease agreements according to Diocesan and Parish policies;
- invoicing and receiving rental amounts, and following up arrears;
- managing relationships and enquiries with all users.
* Assisting the Rector and Wardens to prepare for and follow-up actions from Parish Council meetings
* Working with the paid offsite Parish Treasurer to arrange reimbursements, payments, incoming bills and book keeping.
* Assisting the Risk Management Co-ordinator and Property maintenance co-ordinator to follow-up on outstanding tasks, obtain quotes, and engage contractors to carry out work as requested by Wardens.
* Implementing policies and procedures to assist in clarity, compliance and good governance.
• Assisting the Wardens, other volunteers and the Ministry Staff in a range of office tasks to ensure ordered and useful filing of documents and records.
- Good computing skills including Microsoft Office and familiarity with Mac OS.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively on a number of ongoing projects.
- Ability to learn quickly, with strong attention to detail.
- Be capable of working independently and responsibly to complete tasks and report results.
Previous work experience in a church administrative role and knowledge of Sydney Diocesan culture and Policies is preferred but not necessary.
Hours. Approximately 20 hours per week is required, over 3-5 days per week, with the distinct possibility of an increase in hours as Parish operations grow. Days and hours are negotiable prior to the start of employment and can be adjusted as needed. This is a paid position pro-rata to actual hours worked, depending on skills and experience. Or we can make it a casual hourly rate position matched to skills and experience.
Remuneration Level 3 of Clerks Private Sector Award MA000002. That is $29.10 per hour casual. This equates to $23.28 per hour for a permanent part time employee. Award in full is here at http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000002
We are looking for someone who has a strong personal commitment to Jesus, and who actively expresses that commitment in a local church.
Please apply by providing a CV, cover letter and two references, one of which is from your current Church minister.
Applications and enquiries to Rev Martin Morgan (Rector) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application by 15th July 2018.