Location: Newtown, NSW
Date advertised: 5th July 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Moore College is a residential theological college based in Newtown that prepares people for Christian mission and ministry through high quality theological education.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your creative skills to enhance the students’ communal experience as they share lunch together with the Faculty. The Head Chef is responsible for managing the kitchen from ensuring 300 meals are served daily, organising the staffing roster, managing the budget and stock whilst ensuring that the quality of the food production and food safety is maintained. This role is very much hands-on, requiring attention to detail and a proactive approach to work.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing a commercial kitchen, including staffing, menu planning and budget
- Commercial Cookery Certificate 3 or higher
- Extensive knowledge of safety and food standards, including the Food Act 2003 (NSW), HACCP and WHS
- Excellent relational and communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft office programs
- Ability to support and promote the Christian Mission and Values of Moore College;
- Experience working in a residential catering facility. E.g. college, aged care
- First aid certificate
Applications close: Friday 19th July 2019.
Visit our website for more information, including the position description.
The preferred applicant will be required to undergo a national criminal history check.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia to be considered.