Manager, Parish Operations
Location: Sydney CBD
Date advertised: 9th July 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 30 July 2019
- Christian professional services organisation in CBD location
- Key team member
- Financial focus supporting both Parishes and the Synod
The Sydney Diocesan Services (SDS) is committed to enhancing the capacity for mission through the provision of a range of professional services to organisations and churches in the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
About the role
The Diocesan Services Team is seeking to hire a senior team member to support parishes of the Diocese with a focus on providing financial support to parishes. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the development of systems and processes to support parishes and to manage the financial affairs of the Diocese.
- Co-ordinating the financial support offered to parishes, including the development and oversight of the content and quality of communications and the parish portal.
- Providing administrative and secretarial support for the Synod, various committees of Synod and the Standing Committee.
- Providing corporate secretarial support to diocesan boards.
- Overseeing the collection and dissemination of client feedback from parishes to improve service quality.
As this role has a financial focus, we envisage you will be an experienced accountant, with highly regarded financial accounting or similar expertise, excellent consultation and communication skills, and a passion to serve the church. This role combines the need for financial acumen along with experience in corporate governance, ideally gained through exposure to the work of boards or committees.
Consistent with the ethos and values of SDS, applicants for the position should have a demonstrated Christian commitment, ideally as a member of an Anglican church in the Diocese.
Apply now with a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
Please call Nerida Paul, on 9265 1545 for a position description.