Pastoral Care Coordinator (Residential)
Location: Hammondville, NSW
Date advertised: 11th July 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 25 July 2019
- Fantastic part time opportunity - 3 days a week
- Role based in Hammondville in our Dementia Cottages.
- Join an innovative, industry-leading independent Christian charity within a rapidly growing health industry
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
Summary of Position
The role of the Pastoral Care Coordinator works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure pastoral care and support to aged care facility residents, their families and staff of HammondCare is provided. They will act as a role model for staff and as an advocate for HammondCare’s mission and Christian values, mindful of the sensitivities of providing spiritual care and support in community settings. They share their pastoral expertise and coach Managers, Co-ordinators and Care Workers to support the spiritual needs of clients.
The essence of this role:
- Ensure pastoral care and support to aged care facility residents, their families and staff of HammondCare is provided.
- Act as a role model for staff and as an advocate for HammondCare’s mission and Christian values, mindful of the sensitivities of providing spiritual care and support in community settings
- Share pastoral expertise and coach Managers, Co-ordinators and Care Workers to support the spiritual needs of clients.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Theological / Pastoral Care Qualifications.
- Ordination or credentialed Ministry not essential, but desirable.
- Strong personal and active Christian faith and church involvement is essential.
- Understanding of the spiritual & pastoral needs of those living with dementia in a residential care environment.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: [url=http://www.hammond.com.au/careers]http://www.hammond.com.au/careers[/url]
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on the link below or visit our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Peter Archer on 0447 413 395.
Closing Date: 25 July 2019
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check