Location: Summer Hill/Work remotely
Date advertised: 20th July 2021
Job Type: Full time, Part time
Closing Date: 20 August 2021
- Do you have a background in training and/or experience delivering online training webinars?
- Do you have strong influential and relationship building skills?
- Flexible working arrangements | Work with a team of skilled professionals
Based at Summer Hill, reporting to Anglicare’s Head of Mental Health, as the successful incumbent you will lead and coordinate the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the Suicide Prevention for Seniors program and provide practice expertise. To build the capacity of aged care staff and medical practitioners who come into contact with older people, to recognise and support those who are at risk of suicide and refer them to appropriate services.
This is a permanent part-time role and is classified under the SCHADS Award. We will consider applicants interested in full-time employment.
About the Program:
The purpose of the program is to support increased access by older people to existing suicide prevention services by developing greater in-community awareness of services available and encouraging safe conversations around suicide and suicidal behaviour. To continue building on existing service capability to deliver inclusive suicide prevention services.
We are ideally looking for someone who has a background in training and/or someone who has sales/business development experience in the community services sector.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Overseeing the development and implementation of these services. This includes incorporating client input into such services by ensuring that services meet the needs of clients.
- Build the capacity of clients to identify and support the mental health and suicide prevention needs of the seniors they support.
- Effective marketing and networking with appropriate services and key relationships, attending local and online forums/interagency government meetings and developing partnerships with local community organisations, GPs and parishes.
- Ensure that program practices and documentation meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements by developing appropriate administrative and data collection systems, conducting regular reviews and evaluation of program and client satisfaction.
- Monitoring and reviewing of the budget in consultation with Head of Mental Health to ensure expenditure is within designated budget.
- A tertiary qualification in any relevant field
- Experience delivering online training webinars
- Basic knowledge of suicide prevention (advantageous but not essential – as training will be provided)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- NSW Working with Children’s Check for paid employment purposes
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this position please visit the Anglicare website on www.anglicare.org.au OR contact the Anglicare Recruitment Team on 02 9421 5344.