Location: Maroubra, Sydney
Date advertised: 20th July 2021
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 6th of August, 2021
- Management experience
- Mission-hearted retail professional, change lives
- Warm and supportive team environment
About Anglicare Shops:
Our Anglicare Shops are connection points in their local communities and sell a wide range of high quality, recycled clothing, and accessories at affordable prices.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve people who are vulnerable or marginalized by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
The purpose of this rewarding Part Time role, Monday - Thursday, is to lead a team of staff and volunteers, foster a warm and caring environment, build meaningful relationships and community connections, maximise sales and role-model Anglicare’s Vision, Mission and Values.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of the Shop operations including the training and management of staff and volunteers.
- Provide high levels of professional customer service at all times.
- Maintain high standards of merchandising and product offering to maximise shop sales.
- Ensure customers who present with a range of needs are provided with holistic care, by referring them to services as appropriate. This may include addressing physical, spiritual and emotional needs.
- Building strong working relationships with local churches and community organisations.
- Provide training to ensure that staff and volunteers are well supported.
- Be a role model and create a culture supporting Anglicare’s Christian vision, mission and values.
- Ensure that safety and risk is well managed within the shop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience mentoring and leading a team of staff
- Demonstrated skills and experience in a retail environment.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personal Christian commitment and a missional motivation.
This role requires a valid Working with Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Join a supportive and growing Christian organisation where your skills and experience are valued and can make a positive impact to those in need.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon s possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please visit the anglicare website www.anglicare.org.au for more information or to apply.