Location: Surf Coast, Victoria
Date advertised: 20th July 2021
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 15 August 2021
ABOUT CITY ON A HILL
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God. Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of 'knowing Jesus and making Jesus known'.
City on a Hill Surf Coast was planted in December 2019 and since then (despite an unprecedented time to plant a church) it has continued to steadily grow and become a part of the community. It is an exciting opportunity to invest into the story of God’s grace to spread the gospel throughout the Armstrong Creek growth corridor and Torquay coast.
We are looking for a dynamic and visionary Families Minister who has a heart for families to be equipped to know Jesus and make Jesus known. The Families Minister will work closely with the Lead Pastor and Core Leadership Team to build a dynamic and missional Intergenerational ministry. This is a part time position, 2 days per week, reporting directly to the City on a Hill Surf Coast lead pastor, with coaching, training and support from the City on a Hill Movement Director of Next Generation Ministry.
The Families Minister will be responsible in connecting with families to be forming Gospel centred habits and lifestyle. The Families Minister will create a safe and positive environment for families, children and Youth to experience Jesus through God’s word and via the various programs already established for the children + Youth in the church. The Families Minister will lead a team of volunteers and will model a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. They will effectively partner with children and their families to implement the vision and mission of City on a Hill Surf Coast. As they see fruit in developing a culture of discipleship and delight in Jesus they’ll have scope to also expand their focus and attention towards developing a vision to reach out into the local community through family based discipleship and engagement.
- Lead the church’s families, children and youth to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known’ by pioneering the building of an intergeneration culture that is dynamic and brings the good news of Jesus across the church of City on a Hill Surf Coast.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Core Leadership Team to ensure healthy integration between intergenerational ministry priorities of the wider church body.
- Lead in the care and teaching of families in their task of discipling their children and youth, maintaining active communication with parents to foster a culture of family discipleship. Integrating new families into the life of the church.
- Participating with those who help in resourcing and development of intergenerational teaching material, assessing and fine-tuning the existing material to ensure that the curriculum is faithful to the scriptures and engaging for families, kids and youth.
- Leading the efficient and effective operations of the City Kids and Youth programs by recruitment, management and development of leaders and volunteers.
- Implement policies as directed by the Central Team to cultivate safe ministry for kids and youth.
- Actively engage with the wider City on a Hill staff meetings and events.
KEY SKILLS AND GIFTING
- A demonstrated love for Jesus and his people.
- Willingness to commit to the vision, values and mission of the church as a member of City on a Hill Surf Coast.
- A robust understanding of the Gospel and the Scriptures (formal theological education will be essential, either having completed, in progress or willing to commence).
- Fulfil the character qualifications outlined for deacons in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- A passion to teach parents how to lead in cultivating a family that has a love for Jesus and His church.
- Demonstrated relational skills and a capacity to work with and serve children, youth and families.
- Ability to recruit, lead and develop volunteer leaders.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and prioritize duties and responsibilities.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible for licensed ministry in the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne (ordained or lay).
All City on a Hill staff must hold a current Working with Children Check, have a National Police History Check that returns no disclosed outcomes that would exclude them from the role, and uphold the standards outlined in the Anglican Church of Australia Faithfulness in Service code of personal behaviour for church workers.
To apply for the role please send your current resume along with an application letter addressing the key skills, gifting and character requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
For more information please contact us on 03 9640 0990, or email email@example.com.