Location: Carlton, NSW
Date advertised: 21st July 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
- Start ASAP
- Open to local residents of Australia only (applications received from those without Australian working rights will not receive responses)
P R I M A R Y R O L E
The Pastor, together with the Minister In-Charge and the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC), shall provide spiritual leadership of the Church and shall shepherd the flock in accordance with scriptural teachings and the objects and Doctrines of the Church.
S P E C I F I C D U T I E S
- Proclaim the Word of God through preaching, primarily in the English Congregation.
- Teach Biblical truths in small groups and/or one-on-one ministry to promote Christian growth and maturity.
- Coordinate the preaching rosters of the congregation and invite speakers as required in accordance with theconstitution of the Church.
- Provide pastoral care for the sick, visit members/parishioners.
- Monitor, guide and support all different age groups and activities of congregation under his/her care.
- Conduct baptism classes, membership classes, baptisms and child dedication as required.
- Other duties as required by the Local Church Executive Committee.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
- Hold a theological degree from a recognized theological seminary/ Bible college acceptable by the Local Church Executive Committee.
- Be of good standing within and outside the church.
- Show evidence of commitment in shepherding, preaching and teaching gifts.
- Submit written evidence that he/she has practical experience in preaching and Christian service or specialized ministry.
- Submit preaching evidence in audio form (i.e. MP3) for further assessment.
- Be fluent in English.
S U P E R V I S I O N
The Pastor is directly accountable to the Minister In-Charge and Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) of the Church.
P R E F E R A B L E C R I T E R I A
- Be experienced in working with people from diverse Chinese backgrounds
- The Pastor will be expected to drive in order to carry out his/her duties.
For those interested, please email your detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least two (2) referees to Brian Lau at email@example.com