Partnership Development Officer
Location: Mt Druitt, NSW
Date advertised: 24th July 2018
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 24th August 2018
- Partner with churches in the Western Sydney Region
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to liaise with churches essential
- Foster development of ministry initiatives in this rewarding role.
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and engaging Partnership Development Officer to foster the development of ministry initiatives with parishes and other parties within the western region of the Sydney Diocese.
The successful applicant will contribute to the achievement of Anglicare's mission, values and strategic plan by contributing their ministry of bringing the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to others, providing Christian care to people in need and enhancing the reputation and impact of the organisation.
The successful candidate will a heart for mission through the local church. The role involves liaising with mission partners to identify ways in which Anglicare can resource and facilitate ministry. A demonstrated ability to effectively network in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney will be highly regarded together with a collaborative approach to working within and contributing to the Partnership Development team. Experience working in parish ministry will be highly advantageous.
The role is permanent full-time based in the Western region with the flexibility of working remotely. You must be willing and able to travel throughout Sydney’s west and to other parts of Sydney as required (e.g. for team meetings, events). You will be offered the opportunity to avail of a company car through salary packaging or novated lease options.
Reporting to the Partnership Manager, you will need to be able to take initiative and have the skills to:
- PROMOTE the work and ministry of Anglicare to parishes and other potential mission partners.
- BRIDGE the 'gap' between Anglicare and potential mission partners.
- COMMUNICATE the information and requests between Anglicare and parishes/mission partners.
- PREPARE both Anglicare and parishes/mission partners for new or deeper missional partnerships; and
- BROKER ongoing relationships and active partnerships between Anglicare and parishes/mission partners.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability and stated commitment to support and promote the Vision, Mission and Values of Anglicare.
- Ability to effectively network in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney, but also with other denominations and potential community partners.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Holds or eligible to hold a licence or authority to officiate from the Archbishop of Sydney.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-discipline.
- Ability to work independently, but also to contribute to a team environment within the designated region, and with the other Partnership Development (PD) personnel.
- Well-developed computer skills in a range of MS office applications.
- Preparedness to work outside standard business hours to present at churches and at community events including occasional evenings and weekend commitments (e.g. Sunday deputations).
- A demonstrated ability to represent the organisation professionally and responsibly at all times.
- Current driver’s licence, willingness to drive and use your own vehicle to travel.
- Willingness to comply with Faithfulness in Service as adopted by the Diocese of Sydney.
It is desirable that you have:
- Qualifications in theology or related discipline.
- Sound knowledge of Anglicare, including services, programs and organisational structure.
- An understanding of the structure and culture of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney.
- Demonstrated experience in parish ministry.
- A willingness and ability to facilitate the administrative requirements the role as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and personable individual seeking to make a difference in the lives of others through ministry initiatives! You will have the opportunity to work for a supportive and growing not-for-profit, Christian organisation committed to changing the lives of the community. In addition, you can increase your net pay per fortnight and benefit from generous tax concessions by salary packaging part of your earnings.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Herewith the link to the advertisement on the Anglicare website:
For more information contact the Recruitment Team on 02 9421 5344.