Youth Minister / Assistant Minister
Location: West Ryde, NSW
Date advertised: 25th July 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 24th August 2018
Who we are:
West Ryde Anglican Church’s mission is Making Disciples of Jesus Christ, and over the past 9 years, we have seen this happen as the church has grown both spiritually and numerically.
It is an exciting time to be a part of the church as we are seeing many from the nations coming to know the Lord Jesus. As well as this, we are welcoming those who have moved into the area and are looking for a local, active church to be a part of.
One of the areas of growth has been the Youth Ministry, where we have approximately 40-45 youth meet on a Friday night and we are starting to see some of them come to church on Sundays.
As well as this, there are opportunities in the local High School to make connection with the Youth in the community and see them come to know the Lord Jesus and be established in the youth ministry of the church.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for the right candidate who is passionate about Youth Ministry. Someone who:
- desires to see the youth come to know the Lord Jesus, to connect them into the youth ministry at the church, to help them grow in their relationship with Jesus and to be trained to be a leader in God’s church.
- will lead the leaders of the youth, identify and train new leaders of the Youth Ministry and get amongst the young adults of the church, so as to help the youth transition to this stage of their lives.
- Experience in leading Youth Ministry and working with High School aged youth
- Theological qualifications with an evangelical approach to the bible, Christian doctrine and ministry
- Be a good communicator, leader and strategic planner
- Proven track record in building and leading a team to carry out Youth Ministry
- Capacity to work as part of a larger staff team
For more information and a full job description; or to apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com or call on 9874-1926.