Chief Executive Officer
Location: Sydney CBD
Date advertised: 26th July 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
- Not-for-profit Christian organisation
- Sydney-based role
The Archbishop of Sydney’s Anglican Aid seeks to excel in the provision of Christian aid to vulnerable communities throughout the world. Anglican Aid also works to foster a spirit of generosity in the Sydney Anglican community towards people experiencing poverty, abuse, exploitation and neglect.
Following the retirement of the current CEO, the Board of Anglican Aid seeks to appoint a servant leader to build on the solid foundation that has been established.
The successful candidate will be an ordained Anglican minister capable of being licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney, and will demonstrate the exemplary leadership skills required to lead Anglican Aid in its mission to let grace flow to people in need.
The new CEO will:
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring Anglican Aid is a sustainable and viable aid agency, which carefully stewards the resources entrusted to it.
- Develop relationships with partners and stakeholders, including donors, the Sydney Anglican community and project partners in the developing world.
- Ensure that Anglican Aid’s extensive project portfolio of aid, development and theological training projects, are well managed and meeting their agreed goals.
- Take overall responsibility for the management and development of the Anglican Aid staff team with a view to maximising engagement and performance.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Anglican Aid operates efficiently, effectively and with integrity in a complex regulatory environment, to meet its goal of showing Jesus’ love to people in need.
Your detailed knowledge and understanding of the Anglican Church landscape in Australia and globally will be highly regarded in this role, as will be your willingness to travel extensively both domestically and internationally.
A full position description is available to download from www.anglicanaid.org.au/career. For more information and to apply, please contact Anglican Aid Chairman, Bishop Peter Tasker by email firstname.lastname@example.org.