Location: Glenhaven, NSW
Date advertised: 28th July 2020
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 13th August 2020
Emmanuel Anglican Church, Glenhaven is seeking an Office Administrator to join our friendly team. This role is essential to our church's mission of making disciples in Glenhaven and the Hills.
The Office Administrator provides administrative support to the Ministry Team and reports to the Senior Assistant Minister.
Your organisation skills, attention to detail, ability to work in a small team environment and demonstrate initiative are vital to this role. The role has some flexibility to suit the gifts and abilities of the successful applicant.
The role is permanent Part-time, up to 3 days per week, to be agreed at appointment.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage general office administration, including a key role in designing and updating significant administrative systems and processes
- Records Management, in particular church databases and volunteer rosters
- Reception, including incoming calls, emails, and in-person enquiries
- Accounts Payable - assisting the Church Treasurer with financial administrative tasks
Education and experience
- Qualifications in business administration, communications or similar
- Previous experience in an administration role at a similar level
- Discretion and confidentiality are required in the service of duties
- A team player with well-developed communication and people skills
- Ability to develop new administrative systems and implement as needed
- Fluency in the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- A working knowledge of Elvanto and MYOB would be an advantage
- The role will suit someone who is a professing Christian
- Ability to represent Emmanuel Anglican Church and its values to all who approach the Church office
- Committed to and able to apply the regulatory environment required of a Safe Church
- Hold or be willing to obtain a valid NSW Working with Children Check
Remuneration is by negotiation based on level of experience.
For a confidential discussion about this position or for a full role description, please contact Campbell Mackay, Senior Assistant Minister on (02) 8850 1311 or email@example.com