Head of Primary
Location: Orchard Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 29th July 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 17 August 2020
The Head of Primary is part of the College Executive and reports directly to the Principal.
The role is responsible for the Primary Leadership team including the Stage Co-ordinators, Primary Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and the Primary Sports Co-ordinator.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing development of the Primary School as a centre of outstanding teaching, learning and academic achievement.
The Head of Primary is responsible for leading the Primary School and to promote, develop and protect the mission, vision and strategic direction of the College in every aspect of College life.
- Have a personal commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and regular attendance at a Christian church.
- Acceptance of the College’s Statement of Faith and a lifestyle consistent with this.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to model exemplary teaching and learning practice.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capacity to manage complexity and assign priorities.
- Ability to grow and nurture others as outstanding educational practitioners and leaders.
- Commitment to ongoing personal learning.
- Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Capacity and willingness to lead and relate with compassion and integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Eligibility for registration as a teacher in New South Wales, Australia.
- Bachelor Degree in Education from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Masters in Educational Leadership or similar from a recognised tertiary institution will be viewed favourably.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years classroom experience as an exemplary practitioner.
- Primary leadership experience
Interested applicants are required to submit their resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria, together with the documentation found on the College's website to: email@example.com
All required documentation and a full job description and selection criteria can be found on the College's website at http://www.penrith.nsw.edu.au/contact-us/employment/positions-vacant/.
Penrith Anglican College complies with the requirements of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Principal, Mrs Felicity Grima, to discuss this important role in more detail. Please call 4736 8100 between 8.00am and 4.30pm or email principalsPA@penrith.nsw.edu.au to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Applications close Monday 17 August at 9.00am and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org