Lead Pastoral Carer
Date advertised: 29th July 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 23rd of August
The role of Lead Pastoral Carer is a dynamic opportunity for a compassionate leader with a background in Christ-centred pastoral care, to provide mentoring and support to our dedicated team of Residential Pastoral Carers.
- Work alongside the Pastoral Care Manager to provide professional support, mentoring and training to the residential Pastoral Carers in each residential home.
- Make a genuine difference and contribute to the well-being, spiritual needs and emotional support of our residents.
- Be an example of Christian living with your genuine heart for people and desire to share the love of Jesus
About being a Lead Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
Our residential Pastoral Carers have a pivotal role in ensuring our residents are well supported as they move into care, through providing comfort and confidence during this time of change. The position is also an invaluable role, in assisting in meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of residents. The Lead Pastoral Carer will support the valuable work delivered by our Pastoral Care team, through encouragement, day to day assistance and by facilitating professional training, through coaching and mentoring. In this role, you will be an example of Christian living towards people, including employees, and providing incidental pastoral support to these where possible.
You will have purpose:
Through effective consultation and building professional relationships within the wider Mission and Partnerships team, the Lead Pastoral Carer will play a key role in ensuring our vision and mission for pastoral care is well implemented and across all of Anglicare’s residential facilities.
- Work alongside the Pastoral Care Manager to ensure the vision and mission for pastoral care in Residential Care is well established and understood across all Anglicare facilities.
- Provide pastoral and professional support to residential care Pastoral Carers
- Support the Pastoral Care team by facilitating relevant pastoral and professional education, coaching and mentoring.
- Contribute to the well-being and spiritual needs of all residents by assisting with person to person pastoral support
- Provide broader consultation and support to the Residential Lifestyle team, Chaplains and pastoral volunteers.
- Ensures a holistic approach is taken to meet residents' needs, through a range of planned and responsive activities and one on one interactions, to edify people spiritually and allow meaningful encounters with residents.
- Contributes to the provision of support for relatives and employees in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus
- Pastoral care, chaplaincy or theological and ministry training or qualifications desirable
- Proven record of experience in aged care ministry and pastoral care
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Christian ministry leadership
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain
Please note: At least one work related reference and one from a Senior Minister or Pastor is required.
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral care and inspiring leadership skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs.
All employees undergo an orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
For more information or to apply for this rewarding position, please go to our website https://www.anglicare.org.au/