Year Leader Junior School – K-6
Location: Middleton Grange, NSW
Date advertised: 31st July 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Wednesday 19 August 2020
Thomas Hassall Anglican College is a growing Pre-Kinder to Year 12 College of over 1750 students in the emerging South West of Sydney. The College is located within close proximity to the M5 and M7.
We are seeking to employ a passionate educator and leader with the ability to develop a collaborative team on a nominated Junior School year group in 2021. The role oversees 4 or 5 classes of students as well as its associated teaching staff and reports directly to the P-2 or 3-6 Co-ordinator. The right candidate will be able to gather, inspire and lead others, and have an expert understanding of 21st century learning and teaching. She/he will be an active Christian who understands how to integrate faith and education in relevant and authentic ways. The best candidate will work with staff towards the improvement and innovation of the Teaching and Learning Programs. Year leaders are able to be allocated to and lead any grade in Junior School under the direction of the Head of Junior School.
Key Selection Criteria - the successful applicant for the above position must be able to provide evidence to support the following criteria:
- A well informed understanding of contemporary learning and teaching practices, research and pedagogy
- Evidence of leadership of educational innovation and development of curriculum and assessment
- A track record of success in building and leading effective teams in Junior School year groups. Demonstrated critical analysis and problem solving skills, experience and commitment to collaborative leadership within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the integration of technology in the delivery of learning
- Demonstrated good team leadership skills: including approachability; listening skills; conflict resolution; exercising sound judgement; excellent communication skills (written and oral) and showing initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet prescribed deadlines and concurrently manage a number of competing tasks
- Strong personal Christian faith and be a regular and practising member of a Bible based Christian Church
- Appropriate teaching qualifications & accreditation in NSW where needed
- Experience in Stage 3 is an advantage.
The “Application for Employment - Teachers” form and link to the relevant Working With Children Check can found under the “Employment” tab of our website, https://www.thac.nsw.edu.au/content/employment and must be completed to be considered for the positions. Applications should be committed Christian’s who are active members of their church.
Applications should include:
- Cover application letter
- Completion of Employment Application form available on the College website
- This should include the names, addresses and phone numbers of three confidential referees. One of these needs to be from a Christian Minister.
- Resume outlining teaching, leadership and other experience relevant to the position
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Written response addressing the Key Selection Criteria in a maximum of 2-3 pages
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 19 August 2020
Please forward your application marked “Private and Confidential” to:
Mr Hugh Renshaw – Director of Staff Services
Thomas Hassall Anglican College
PO Box 150
Hoxton Park NSW 2171