Co-ordinator of Prep
Location: Middleton Grange, NSW
Date advertised: 31st July 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Wednesday 19 August 2020
Thomas Hassall Anglican College is a growing P - Year 12 College of over 1750 students in the emerging South West of Sydney. The College is located within close proximity to the M5 and M7.
We are seeking to employ an experienced educator and leader with a background in Early Childhood education in 2021. The Co-ordinator of Prep will oversee four classes of pre-kindergarten and lead the Prep team to deliver a quality school-readiness program, including transition initiatives. The right candidate will be able to gather, inspire and lead others, and have an expert understanding of 21st century learning and teaching. She/he will be an active Christian who understands how to integrate faith and education in relevant and authentic ways.
Key Selection Criteria - the successful applicant for the above position must be able to provide evidence to support the following criteria:
- A well informed understanding of contemporary learning and teaching practices, research and pedagogy in Early Childhood.
- Evidence of leadership of educational innovation and development of curriculum and assessment in Early Childhood or Early Stage 1 outcomes.
- A track record of success in building and leading effective teams.
- Demonstrated critical analysis and problem solving skills, experience and commitment to collaborative leadership within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the integration of technology in the delivery of learning
- Demonstrated good team leadership skills: including approachability; listening skills; conflict resolution; exercising sound judgement; excellent communication skills (written and oral); and showing initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet prescribed deadlines and concurrently manage a number of competing tasks
- Strong personal Christian faith and be a regular and practising member of a Bible based Christian Church
- Primary teaching qualifications
- Experience teaching in a Prep setting (Pre-Kindergarten) is essential
- Experience teaching in K-2 Primary years is an advantage
The “Application for Employment - Teachers” form and link to the relevant Working With Children Check can found under the “Employment” tab of our website, https://www.thac.nsw.edu.au/content/employment and must be completed to be considered for the positions. Applicants should be committed Christians who are active members of their church.
Applications should include:
- Cover application letter
- Completion of Employment Application form available on the College website. This should include the names, addresses and phone numbers of three confidential referees. One of these needs to be from a Christian Minister.
- Resume outlining teaching, leadership and other experience relevant to the position
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Written response addressing the Key Selection Criteria in a maximum of 2-3 pages
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 19 August 2020
Please forward your application marked “Private and Confidential” to: