Location: Tahmoor, NSW
Date advertised: 2nd August 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 22nd August 2022
The College Headmaster is seeking applications for the role of College Chaplain to commence in 2023.
Wollondilly is a co-educational Christian College operated by the Anglican Schools Corporation. It is a Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 co-educational College located in pleasant rural surroundings at Tahmoor, about 60 minutes from Sydney's CBD.
The College strives for educational excellence in a Christian context and includes modern, permanent, air-conditioned buildings. Wollondilly Anglican College endeavours to provide a disciplined, caring, learning community where students and staff pursue excellence and lives are transformed for Christ's glory. With approximately 1200 students, it has grown to be a College of choice for those in the Wollondilly Shire and surrounding districts.
The successful applicant will have experience in Ministry or Chaplaincy and the capacity to nurture the faith of all members of the College community.
The College Chaplain would be accountable to the College Headmaster through the Director of Pastoral Care PreK-12 for driving the Christian culture of the College, pastorally caring for all members of the College community, developing Christian life and understanding amongst students and building relationships with all members of the College community.
He/she would join the Pastoral Care Team and work closely with the Director of Pastoral Care T-12 and the Leaders of Learning, Care and Culture across the College.
The College has developed a reputation for five academic and pastoral distinctives –
- Education within a Christian framework
- The Pursuit of Excellence, particularly academic excellence, supported by Sport and the Creative and Performing Arts
- Pride in Belonging
- Community engagement and involvement
- Development of Christian morals, standards & ethics in students (A Second Education)
In order to achieve these distinctives the College has developed an Educational Framework which aims for a Wollondilly student to be:
o Purpose Driven
o A Motivated Learner
o Cared for and Caring
o Future Focused
The successful applicant would be committed to the development of these distinctives and their associated framework.
Classification: School Assistant Level 4 (plus allowance negotiable based on experience) - Independent Schools NSW (Support and Operational Staff) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021
Status: Full Time - Term time plus all Teachers Professional Development days. With the nature if the role, some work will be required outside school hours and in the school holiday periods
Personal skills, attributes and expectations:
- Be an active Christian who is involved in a local church
- Show a firm commitment to an active Christian faith, and be able to express their faith openly
- Fully support the College’s Statement of Faith
- Be growing in their faith, called to serve and pursuing excellence
- Be an inspiring and engaging communicator who is able to connect with students, staff and parents in formal and informal settings
- Demonstrate abilities and initiative to work with minimal supervision
- Foster staff cooperation and commitment
- Exercise leadership with integrity, loyalty and honesty
- Display high levels of organisational and communication skills
- Be committed to collaboration across all levels within the College community
- Be engaged in ongoing professional development and open to further study
Areas of responsibility:
- Lead and coordinate the development and delivery of the Chapel Program across the College
- Oversee, coordinate and support College staff in the delivery of lunch-time Christian groups
- Lead staff devotions as designated by the Headmaster
- Oversee the organisation and delivery of Family Chapel
- May be required to teach Christian Studies and assist the Christian Studies Coordinator in programming
- Identify Christian students and lead small groups focused on supporting their faith development
- Identify students who are interested in exploring their faith and lead small groups to support their understanding of the Christian faith
- Work in partnership with local ministers and Churches to develop stronger links and support for one another
- Assist Leaders of Learning, Care and Culture in the development of Roll Call devotions
- Engage in or coordinate service learning activities either at the College or as part of off-site links
- Discipling staff in their Christian Faith
- Support Year Patrons and Leaders of Learning, Care and Culture in the delivery of Camp Programs
- Providing support for families of the College in challenging circumstances and being involved in community engagement/outreach activities
- Qualifications in Theology
- Experience working in a Youth Work or Pastoral Care role
- Expertise in the area of student wellbeing
- Ability to work with the Pastoral Care Team to implement initiatives
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with students and parents
- An interest in further professional development in student wellbeing
- Experience in teaching Christian Studies or Scripture
- An interest and availability to be involved in Camp Programs
- An interest in service learning initiatives
- Advocacy for staff and senior staff recommendations
- Effective communication of and advocacy for Executive decisions
- Strong personal presence at College community events such as Working Bees, ANZAC Day, Thirlmere Steam Festival, Staff functions
Other roles as determined by the Headmaster
Applications should include a reference or referee details from the Minister of the Church they currently attend.
To apply, please complete the application pack located on our website www.wac.nsw.edu.au/employment
Applications close Monday, 22 August 2022.