Pastoral Carer - Summer Hill / Frenchs Forest / South Coast Area
Location: Multiple Locations Across the Sydney Anglicare Diocese
Date advertised: 6th August 2019
Job Type: Full time, Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
- This is a very rewarding position for someone with a passion for pastoral care to the aged.
- Permanent Full-time and Part-time opportunities available!
- Make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of our elderly clients.
About being a Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
Working alongside the Life Enrichment Team at Anglicare, our Pastoral Carers are pivotal in ensuring our clients are supported as they move into care through providing comfort and confidence during this time of change. Working with the wider Mission and Partnerships and Lifestyle Team, the Pastoral Carer position is an invaluable role, assisting in meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of our clients.
Introductory Pastoral Care training will be provided, together with on-going support and pastoral supervision.
This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about pastorally caring for older people in the social wellness centres and the older person's own home. It calls for a Christian with a heart of love and who can work both in teams and independently.
We have 3 opportunities available, based at Summer Hill, Frenchs Forest and working across the South Coast Areas.
- Ensures that all clients are respected and treated with empathy and dignity.
- New clients are well supported during entry to provide comfort and confidence.
- Ensures that there is a variety of diverse planned and responsive/spontaneous gospel-centred activities.
- Contributes to ensuring a holistic approach is taken to meet client needs.
- Ensures identification and referral of clients who could be further supported by the Chaplain and wider Christian community.
- Contributes to the provision of support for relatives and employees in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- A passion for spiritual care for aged people
- A capacity to build links with the local Christian community.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain
- Relevant training/qualifications highly regarded
- Previous experience in Christian ministry or pastoral care preferred
- Previous experience in Aged Care desirable
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral carer skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs and is an excellent introduction to ministry in the aged care sector. All employees undergo an orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this position please visit the Anglicare website www.anglicare.org.au or contact the Anglicare Recruitment Team on 02 9421 5344.