Location: Perth, WA
Date advertised: 6th August 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 18 October 2020
North Coast Church, Perth, seeks to employ a full-time Maturity Pastor beginning January 2021. The Maturity Pastor will be responsible for leading and administering members’ growth in maturity in Christ.
North Coast Church Overview
North Coast Church is an independent church with Christian, evangelical and reformed convictions. It is located in the suburb of Balcatta, about 14kms from Perth CBD and has approximately 1 million people in a 20 minute radius.
NCC currently has approximately 800 attendees (adults and children) over its 3 Sunday services. It had over a 30% increase in attendees in 2019 when it moved into a permanent building.
We see Jesus standing with crowds of people from Perth & beyond made alive by His Spirit through His gospel and delighting in Him for all eternity to the glory of God the Father.
To magnify the glory of God by being a growing gospel centered church giving people compelling reason to turn to Jesus Christ by preaching His gospel through all Scripture in the context of a loving, disciple making Christian community for the good of all people.
Biblical; prayerful; devoted; godly; loving; committed; generous; persevering.
Key responsibilities of the Maturity Pastor
- Lead and administrate the growth of the congregation’s maturity in Christ
- Set and cast the maturity mission and goals; lead the team in that vision and to achievement of those goals
- Promote and increase the 6 marks of maturity amongst NCC members:
- Word and prayer: prioritising personal relationship with Jesus
- Church: regularly attending our Sunday gatherings around Jesus
- Holiness: a desire to change in order to be more like Jesus
- Serving and leading: fulfilling relational roles from Jesus
- Evangelism: influencing others towards Jesus
- Giving: investing sacrificially in the vision because of Jesus
- Oversee the implementation of regular and theologically rich prayer across NCC
- Promote maturity in the Word by teaching members to better read, engage with and share the Word including through initiatives such as biblical & systematic theology courses
- In consultation with the Lead Pastor, occasionally preach on Sundays
- Promote and increase regular growth group attendance
- Train, support and care for growth group leaders
- Initiate and support new growth groups, including recruitment of new leaders and co-leaders
- Oversee placement into growth groups, attendance management & data management
- Initiate and oversee topical maturity events e.g. on parenting, marriage, finances etc.
- Initiate and oversee men’s and women’s specific maturity initiatives
- Lead the one-to-one discipleship ministry by modelling it and by recruiting, training and supporting others in one-to-one discipleship
- Mature Christian faith with a deep sense of unworthiness because of sin and an even deeper grasp of the worthiness of Jesus Christ because of His overflowing grace in the gospel
- Deep gospel conviction, gripped by the vision of God expressed locally in the vision of NCC
- Conviction of NCC’s core beliefs & values
- Christ-like character and qualified to be a leader in the church in accordance with the requirements in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Clear evangelical and reformed theological and ministry convictions; a practical commitment to biblical theology and expository preaching
- Academic qualifications including a Bachelor of Theology (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years full-time ministry experience
- Strong leadership abilities demonstrating strategic leadership, project management and collaborative engagement
- Capacity to lead, envision and develop a large and growing ministry
- Excellent interpersonal and people-management skills
- Self-starter: able and willing to take initiative, self-motivated and driven
To make an application for this position, please submit the following to Matthew Malcolm, Associate Lead Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Maturity Pastor” in the subject line:
- A letter outlining reasons for applying for this position;
- A document providing responses to the selection criteria including recent examples where relevant; and
- A CV which includes the names of at least 3 relevant referees.
Any questions about the position or application process should be sent to the same email address.
Applicants should be Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or persons who hold a valid work permit or visa to work in Australia. If an offer of employment is made to someone outside these categories, it will be conditional on the appropriate work visa being secured by the candidate prior to their commencement.
Applications close 18 October 2020.