Children’s and Youth Minister
Location: Canterbury, NSW
Date advertised: 24th September 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 7th September, 2019
As a church we desire to make and mature disciples of Jesus from all backgrounds and ages. As such the children's and youth ministry position is a crucial one. Essentially the role is about helping implement the vision of St Paul’s through our ministry to children and teenagers.
Over the last 3 years our church has been undergoing a period of revitalisation. A large part of that has been our ministry to younger people. This is an exciting role to help us build a sustainable ministry to younger people for years to come.
- Someone who has an infectious love for Jesus, his people and his world, particularly the lost.
- A person who is above reproach in their character (1Timothy 3)
- Disciplined in leading themselves to grow more into the likeness of Jesus
- Has an evident humility and a teachable attitude
- Someone who isn’t quarrelsome but marked by gentleness
- Gifted in relating to people across a broad range of backgrounds, cultures and ages
- A love of ministering to younger people and a commitment to help disciple them
- A passion for helping integrate young people into the broader life of the church
- Able to lead leaders
- To be a self-starter
- To be someone who works well with the staff team as first priority
- To enjoy working hard and having fun!
The role includes:
- Discipleship of children and youth
- Evangelism of children and youth
- Developing leaders
- Teaching SRE