Seniors Minister - Part time (3 days / 24 hours)
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Date advertised: 12th August 2019
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
Blacktown is a growing, multicultural city with endless gospel opportunities. Whilst the suburb of Blacktown has a young demographic, our church has a significant portion of older Christians who are more traditionally minded. Our desire is to give particular staff attention to this demographic, with focussed care and encouragement for them to continue growing in Christ, and to see their place in sharing the good news of Jesus at their age and stage of life, as part of the wider mission of the church.
We are looking for an ordained Anglican minister who loves Jesus, has a good understanding of AAPB and Common Prayer, and a keen heart for developing a missional heart among an older, more traditionally minded generation.
The role would ideally involve working three days per week, including Wednesdays and Sundays, with some scope for flexibility around key ministry areas.
- Sunday 8am Prayer Book service
- Regular lead services
- Occasional preaching (approx once every 4-6 weeks)
- Pastoral care of the elderly members of the congregation
- Oversight and co-ordinating our monthly midweek service (3rd Wednesday of month)
- Regular preaching
- Service planning and rostering
- Oversight of monthly nursing home services on Wednesday (1st Wednesday)
- Support and encourage the nursing home ministry team
- Regular preaching
- Pastoral care of our elderly members
- Attend monthly senior’s outings to build relationships and offer pastoral care (2nd Wednesday)
- Visitation of shut-ins, and hospital patients
- Developing plans to encourage growth in a culture of mission and evangelism among the older members of our church
- Conducting funerals, as required and appropriate
- Negotiable involvement at our Sunday 10am service
- Have an understanding of and appreciation for traditional Anglican Prayer Book services
- Be able to self-start, organise and manage your time efficiently
- Be a clear communicator
- Have a strong pastoral heart
This role reports directly to the Senior Minister.
We are open to someone beginning in this role anywhere from September to early 2020.
For further details or to express your interest, please contact Luke Thomson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 429 213)