Operations and Project Manager, Third Space
Date advertised: 23rd January 2020
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
City Bible forum creates the spaces and opportunities in the workplace to talk about the big issues you care about. Join our public forums and professional networks or browse our extensive library of resources to explore the bigger questions about life, faith and purpose.
From CEOs to new graduates, our highly trained and experienced staff and volunteers are explaining the Bible to people every day, in every way. Together we engage thousands of city workers from every worldview, in every major city of Australia, every year.
See [url=http://www.citybibleforum.org]http://www.citybibleforum.org[/url] and thirdspace.org.au
The purpose of the Operations and Project Manager role is to lead and manage the planning and delivery of projects related to Third Space, an activity of City Bible Forum. This will require coordination of the activities of the Third Space team members so that they are aligned to the goals of the ministry.
This position reports to the Managing Director.
The Operations and Project Manager will:
1. Manage projects and related events for Third Space:
- Work with the Third Space team to develop key project documentation including the project charter, project or implementation plan and, where necessary, project budget.
- Manage the delivery of projects from initiation to closure to to meet agreed timeframes, quality specifications and budget. This may include
- Scheduling appointments and office meetings
- Meeting with clients, including churches, schools, universities and other ministry organisations
- Managing venues and related logistical needs for event execution
- Liasing with the Marketing Director on promotion
- Coordinating travel and accommodation arrangements and preparing related agendas
- Input into content development with guidance from team
- Providing quality assurance for project content
- Identify and resolve any issues, interdependencies and barriers to project delivery.
- Depending on the scale of projects, the Operations and Project Manager will:
- Facilitate and coordinate the work of a cross functional, geographically dispersed team to ensure successful project completion.
- Drive the planning and delivery of projects end-to-end for smaller City BIble Forum city teams.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to the Third Space Director and Managing Director as required.
2. Coordinate and align the activities of the Third Space team towards fulfilment of its objectives
- Have a thorough understanding of the short and long term goals of Third Space and, in consultation with the Third Space Director, will ensure that the activities of team members are aligned to these goals.
- Manage the process of receiving and approving of invitations to team members to speak or perform work for a client, in consultation with the Third Space Director.
- Track the work of team members on a weekly basis.
- Track the outcomes of Third Space against the goals on a quarterly basis.
- In consultation with the Managing Director and Third Space Director, convene quarterly team meetings to review strategy implementation and performance.
3. Establish collaborative working relationships with key project stakeholders.
In conjunction with the Third Space Director, the Operations and Project Manager will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects deliver on stated outcomes. Stakeholders may include:
- the CBF Executive
- City Leaders and staff
- National team (i.e. Marketing, HR, Digital, Finance)
- Ministry workers
- Advisory teams
- External consultants and speakers
Knowledge and skills
- Strong experience in project management.
- Familiarity with project management tools and documentation.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritise, manage time and multi-task across many tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to assemble and present information clearly.
- Excellent attention to detail combined with the ability to problem solve and take appropriate pro-active actions.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with multiple stakeholders and manage expectations, deadlines and completion of required tasks.
- Strong passion for Christian ministry.
- Understanding of working in a non-profit environment.
- Experience in event planning and management (preferably but not essential)
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, along with your current CV to email@example.com
City Bible Forum is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.