Location: Beecroft, NSW
Date advertised: 23rd August 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 20 September 2018
God is growing his kingdom at St John’s Anglican Church at Beecroft.
In the last 12 months attendance at our Contemporary Family Service has grown by 50% (including a doubling of the number of children).
We are thankful to God for this growth but it is not enough.
We need a full time Families’ Minister to lead and develop ministry to families with school age children and oversee all aspects of ministry to children (up to year 6) so that more families will become disciples of Jesus Christ.
- a mature follower of Jesus Christ with impeccable character and Reformed doctrine;
- passionately committed to taking the gospel to families in the local community;
- a proven leader who is strategic in thinking, tactical in execution and able to align all ministry activities to the vision of the church;
- a self-starter, who is nevertheless able to work in a team;
- pastorally minded and empathetic to the multiple issues that modern families face;
- an experienced trainer and manager of lay volunteers (including youth and young adults) for the delivery of children’s ministry;
- an engaging teacher and preacher with a theological degree who can communicate and apply God's word to all age groups and in a variety of settings;
- skilled in partnering with parents in their role of disciplining their children;
- dedicated to personal spiritual growth and performance improvement for God’s glory;
- wanting to be invested in and given tailored training, performance review and pastoral support; and
- able to work with a Senior Minister who supports the “wrong” team in the Ashes :-)?
If you are, then contact our Senior Minister, James Smith for a detailed job description via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0438 669 530.