Youth and Young Adults’ Minister
Location: Beecroft, NSW
Date advertised: 23rd August 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 20 September 2018
The clock is ticking.
Research shows that in Australia the vast majority of adult Christians make a commitment to Christ before they are 18 years old.
And yet youth and young adults are currently the most under represented age groups in our churches.
At St John’s Anglican Church at Beecroft we’re going to do something about this.
We need a full time Youth and Young Adults’ Minister to oversee all aspects of ministry to youth (year 7 to 12) and young adults, and their families and to be the pastor for our Evening congregation, where young Christians can find and/or develop a lifelong faith supported by strong Christian role models of all ages.
- a mature follower of Jesus Christ with impeccable character and Reformed doctrine;
- passionately committed to taking the gospel to the youth and young adults in the local community;
- a proven leader who is strategic in thinking, tactical in execution and able to align all ministry activities to the vision of the church;
- a self-starter, who is nevertheless able to work in a team;
- seeking to take, shape and grow a congregation that has a distinctive and contemporary vibe;
- pastorally minded and empathetic to the multiple issues that young people face;
- experienced in identifying and developing leadership talent amongst young adults;
- an engaging teacher and preacher with theological training who can communicate and apply God's word to youth and adults in a variety of settings;
- skilled in partnering with parents in their role of disciplining their high school children;
- dedicated to personal spiritual growth and performance improvement for God’s glory;
- wanting to be invested in and given tailored training, performance reviews and pastoral support; and
- able to work with a Senior Minister who supports the “wrong” team in the Ashes :-)?
If you are, then contact our Senior Minister, James Smith for a detailed job description via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0438 669 530.