Location: Blacktown, NSW
Date advertised: 29th August 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: When filled.
Advisory Committee/Approved Provider
Assistant Director/2ic, Educational Leader, Educators, Staff.
- Degree in early childhood from a recognised University (as listed in the approved qualification list by ACECQA).
- Current Provide an Emergency First Aid response in an Education and Care Setting qualification.
- Valid Working with Children Clearance.
- Approved anaphylaxis and emergency asthma management training
- Accredited Child Protection Training.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Nominated Supervisor position in an Early Childhood Service or Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership position in an Early Childhood Service (experience in a not-for-profit centre an advantage).
- Proven ability in all areas of administrative procedure, curriculum development, parent and community liaison, staff professional development and training, team leadership and management of staff.
- Understanding and working knowledge of WHS legislation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of service’s requirements of the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) system and ability to perform software application and compliance.
- Be willing to accept the role of Nominated Supervisor under the Education and Care Services National Law Application Bill 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and/or My Time Our Place Framework, Education and Care Services National Law (2010), Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011), Family Assistance Law (Child Care Subsidy 2018).
- Previous experience in successfully managing a budget for an early education and care service.
Up to date knowledge and compliance of the following law, regs, acts
- Service Policies and Procedures
- Education and Care Services National Law (2010)
- Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)/ My Time Our Place (MTOP)
- ECA code of ethics
- Work Health and Safety Act 2009
- Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) (2014)
- Fair Work Act
- Family Assistance Law
- Child Protection Legislation
- Other relevant state and federal legislation and regulations as required.
- Provide leadership and management to educators and staff regarding all aspects of the operation of the service in line with relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise closely with and provide periodical reports to the Advisory Committee/Approved Provider regarding matters relating to the operation of the service.
- Support educators and staff with professional training and mentoring to effectively manage the service, whilst providing feedback regarding performance on a regular systematic basis.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their capability to use the above in the context of our centre, which:
- Is a 59-place long day care centre with children across all ages 0-6.
- Has a staff of 20.
- Is eager to maintain its accreditation of ‘exceeding’.
- Provides quality care for children with a range of special needs.
- Delivers its services in partnership with Blacktown Anglican Church.
To submit an expression of interest, or receive a detailed role description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.