Youth and Families Minister
Location: Petrie, QLD
Date advertised: 31st August 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 28th September 2018
NPAC is an evangelical Church in the outer northern suburbs of Brisbane, and we are seeking to appoint a YOUTH & FAMILIES MINISTER.
Love Jesus • Grow Disciples • Serve and Change the World
Biblical • Prayerful • Missional • Generous • Obedient • FaithfulA Minister of NPAC will:
- Be able to relate well to people of different life stages and share the Christian faith with them in relevant ways.
- Be a person with Christian character and integrity and self-motivated to lead growing ministry areas.
- Be a regular worshipping member of the Church.
- Be a team player and work within the structure of NPAC and Diocese of Brisbane.
- Be able to build and equip teams and draw out the best from each person on the team.
- Have an outward looking focus that builds connections in the community.
The role will include leading and teaching across all worship services
The role will focus on overseeing, equipping and working with teams in the following areas:
1. MINISTRY TO CHILDREN
- Develop relationships with local primary schools and their Chaplains.
- Support the current Children’s ministry team and programs.
- Seek avenues to build the profile of NPAC Children’s ministries in the local community.
2. MINISTRY TO YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
- Develop opportunities for young people to come to faith and grow in discipleship.
- Disciple and equip our leaders to disciple our young people.
- In consultation with key leaders develop a strategic vision.
- Seek avenues to build the profile of NPAC ministries for young people in the local community.
3. MINISTRY TO FAMILIES
- Develop relationships with current NPAC young families.
- Develop a culture of community, support and discipleship among families.
- Equip parents to disciple their children.
- Reach out to families in the community.
Have theological training and be committed to ongoing training and development.
Be conversant with the Protection Policy for Children and Young People issued by the Anglican Church Southern Qld [ACSQ] and conform to its standards, including possessing a current Blue Card. Will undergo the safe ministry check and fulfil the requirements of ACSQ.
Be fully supportive of the ethos of North Pine Anglican and resonate fully with the Vision, Values and priorities as outlined in Vision 2020 and assent to the Expectation of Parish Leaders in Vision 2020. Be on the NPAC Leadership Team.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated depending on training and experience. Commencement Date - negotiable
Applications to be received by 28 September, 2018.
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING WITH A FULL CV AND VISION FOR MINISTRY TO:
Ven Chris Johnson
2 Wyllie Street, Petrie Q 4502
Ph 0427 586 568