Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 31st August 2023
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 22nd September 2023
St Andrew’s Cathedral is a strategic centre of gospel ministry to the people of the City of Sydney. It’s the central church of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney and the chapel of St Andrew’s Cathedral School. Public Christian church services are conducted on Sundays, most other days of the week, and on state occasions.
We are looking for an Office Manager who will use their administrative and personal skills, to ensure the smooth running of St Andrew’s Cathedral office, in support of the Cathedral’s mission and ministries.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed Christian;
- Who belongs to a local Church;
- Is able to interact well and collaborate with a variety of people;
- Have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, be punctual, organised, efficient and accurate.
As a member of the Cathedral Administration team, the Office Manager will report to the Administrator. The Office Manager will work alongside the Administration team and the Ministry team, to aid delivery of Cathedral Services, including rosters and production of service booklets and data presentations.
In addition, the Office Manager will:
- Respond to general inquiries to the office via phone, email and in person (incl. food for the homeless).
- Handle the admin side of weddings, and other special services at the Cathedral.
- Manage booking of spaces for Cathedral ministries, St Andrew's Cathedral School, and external parties.
- Liaise with the Cathedral’s Caretaker for the successful delivery of events and services.
- Support volunteers, alongside other clerical and office administration.
- Assist with developing communication materials, the Cathedral database, and website.
Desired Skills and Attributes
The successful applicant will be excited to contribute to a strategic ministry proclaiming Christ in the heart of an international city. Along with Significant office administration experience and with the ability to juggle competing priorities, the role will require excellent Microsoft 365 skills. Some experience with Elvanto is desirable, and understanding of MailChimp and Squarespace would be an advantage.
A current Working with Children Check will be required prior to commencement.
Current Safe Ministry Training will be expected, or willingness to complete the same within the first three months of commencement.
If you have a cheerful nature, a positive ‘can do’ attitude, have a character of patience, gentleness and self-discipline, you may be the person we are looking for.
A full job description can be obtained from our Administrator, Lisa Wilmshurst (via email). To express interest, please email your CV and cover letter, asap, detailing relevant experience, with at least 2 referees, including a minister from your church to our Administrator.
To express interest, please email your CV and cover letter, asap, detailing relevant experience, with at least 2 referees, including a minister from your church to our Administrator.
Please be aware that this job ad was placed and authorised only for the sydneyanglicans.net website.